Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The protests won’t start up again until we’re having poor results on the pitch. The people that said the anger would die down once we survived/results turned around were right. The people at the top of the club know this as well and that’s why they can stick around and feed the fanbase absolute rubbish about “interims” and all that crap. They’ll be able to ride it out indefinitely unless we literally get relegated, that’s the only way we’re actually going to demand change as a fanbase. It’s incredibly disappointing.
Yep you're right

Its all been very predictable. I still think that probably only actual relegation will bring about meaningful changes. Apathy will always win while we remain a top flight club.

If you've got the time and inclination to properly protest please do it for something more worthwhile than wanting your football to be more successful i'm not taking the pee there i'm being serious.

I protest by not attending football matches. I don’t put a penny into the club and won’t until these people are gone. If you just want to go the game and sit in your seat and watch a football match that’s absolutely fine, I would not tell anyone that’s wrong. But just say that’s all you want, don’t then pretend you actually want change. This is directed at all the match going fans, not just you btw.

This is just silly. We have a good loan offer on the table, he hasn’t featured in pre season and is realistically 4th choice to go up front. Stop messing people about and let him go play football before the offer comes off the table.

The fact that they are keeping him around in case? A positive sign. The fact that they are admitting there is a chance they may not bring in a forward before the window closes? A very negative sign.

I protest by not attending football matches. I don’t put a penny into the club and won’t until these people are gone. If you just want to go the game and sit in your seat and watch a football match that’s absolutely fine, I would not tell anyone that’s wrong. But just say that’s all you want, don’t then pretend you actually want change. This is directed at all the match going fans, not just you btw.
You having a go at the fans lad?

It always bugs me when people line Everton’s pockets by going to the match just to boo. That isn’t a protest. An empty stadium will speak much louder and hurt them much more in terms of image and finance

4th choice??? Think this is good from Everton, for once. You’d all piss your kegs if he went and we failed to secure a forward.
Yes. 4th choice. No matter whether any of us like it or not DCL, Maupay or Danjuma would all be started up front in a PL game before Cannon. 5th choice by the weekend most likely.

It always bugs me when people line Everton’s pockets by going to the match just to boo. That isn’t a protest. An empty stadium will speak much louder and hurt them much more in terms of image and finance
People pay their money and are entitled to do as they please.

No I think this is the right thing to do no doubt at all. I hope we sign other strikers so we don't need him but until we're sure thats happening its better safe than sorry and its not like the loan offers won't be there in a few weeks for him.
Loan offers might not be there for him. Reported Preston will pay a 1m loan fee, not many clubs would. Getting a good amount of money while they develop him for us is an absolute gift horse.

4th choice??? Think this is good from Everton, for once. You’d all piss your kegs if he went and we failed to secure a forward.

….just like we sent Simms on loan last summer but brought him back in January. The reality is, he made little or no difference.

Cannon is being sent on loan because Dyche doesn’t want to use him. If he stays, Dyche will be asked to make do with a player he doesn’t want.

There is absolutely no excuse for this state of affairs. It’s an admittance that Thelwell fears he might fail to acquire an effective striker again, it’s gross negligence.

The fact that they are keeping him around in case? A positive sign. The fact that they are admitting there is a chance they may not bring in a forward before the window closes? A very negative sign.
There is a high possibility that leaving everything else to deadline day will result in us getting nobody in.
This is the culmination of years of bad decision-making, as we all know.

We're at the very bottom of the food chain awaiting other clubs to do business and finalise players they're happy to see leave, and it's only in the final days that the possibility of deals on more favourable terms opens up.

That's the cost of incompetence, it's not only having no money, it's being largely powerless and being dictated to and left with few affordable options.

That's not making excuses for them either but it's effectively Thelwell and Dyche having to work in conditions created and made worse by Moshiri and Kenwright. Nothing changes in any fundamental way until both of them are out.

Spare me the protest embarrassment again. One was planned for Arsenal home last year, Richarlison scored and people just sat down and did nothing. On live Monday night football, I cringed watching it, used to fly over for 5/6 games a year but unless my lads beg me to take them now I have zero urge until I see progress made in boardroom. And by progress I mean BK the stain gone.

Yep, they are. But in my opinion they don’t then get to shout and scream about wanting change, that’s hypocritical when they are doing nothing to try and bring about change. Just say you want to go to watch some footy and go home and that’s it, that’s absolutely fine. You’ve paid your money.

People are but that isn’t the point. If your goal is to protest the club, you are not accomplishing your goal by attending. I’m not having a go at matchgoers. I’m having a go at people that go to the games to be toxic and harass the players and claim they are “protesting.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back