Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Studies show that within one year of ACL reconstruction surgery:

• Only one-third of athletes return to their prior level of competition.
  • Less than 50 percent return to the same level of play within two to seven years.
  • Only 81 percent will return to any level of sport.

And what % of that one-third are footballers.

Studies show that within one year of ACL reconstruction surgery:

• Only one-third of athletes return to their prior level of competition.
  • Less than 50 percent return to the same level of play within two to seven years.
  • Only 81 percent will return to any level of sport.

Haha who do you think make up those percentages that don’t come back? I can assure you it’s not professionals

My studies show that I dont recall a single footballer retiring after an ACL.

Unless near the end of their career anyway.

Now does the injury potentially lessen their talent and create long standing injuries in some cases, yes, but an ACL does not end careers.
I didn't say it ends careers, the data I posted gives the results of a study and it suggests it does end some careers (19%), and a lot of the time the player doesn't recover to their previous level. Hence my comment. Would a club really spend over 20m on a player that is not back playing since he ruptured his ACL last Nov.

Don't all clubs have financial commitments outside 1st team players? That's not unique to us.

We can get loans to pay for stadium infrastructure costs. We don't have to generate the funds for that by selling players.
They do, but what is unique to us is building a £750m stadium. If Moshiri can recoup £75m in a player sale, and only have to spend £30m, he will do to help with stadium funding. The more EFC generates it’s own funds pin this regard, the stronger his negotiating position is with players like MSP Capital

It did say a loan but wages covered and a loan fee would be a bonus, but having just sold JWP and Lavia fee agreed of 60m with two clubs I would think they have a few coppers in the piggybank
You feeling ok bud, after Chelski beat the mighty pedz to their two main CM targets?

Bloody FSG eh mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back