Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, why do you state the obvious so much? We know that.
Follow the discussion and you will see why I am saying that

Have you eyed up how fooked Villa will be financially in the next 12 months?
Not quite on topic is it? maybe on a different thread if u want to discuss it

I have followed it hence my question.

Well we're comparing the financial situations of clubs in the thread, why not Villa.?

It's crap these days if we can't even keep one potentially good player for more than a season. How is any other team supposed to build anything? I would hold firm it's what Brighton have done only sold on their own terms they could have cashed in on Moses last summer but kept him and made double.

Is Brighton selling their good players after 1 good year crap or extremely smart business?

Shifting Onana, who has got potential but imo isn’t all that right now for more than enough to take the gamble with 2 young central midfielders (both who, you know, might actually assist or score on the regular ) would be fantastic business

Not if you know the full lengths of the situation with FFP and the premier league.

I'm certain we could find that money and spend it but we will get in big trouble with the league if we do without generating more profit.

Those players were sold to get our books in order for FFP reporting, AFAIK nothing has suggested we had to sell them or risk insolvency. I'm sure Moshiri could find money without having to sell players but if we spend that and increase our losses we are getting the book thrown at us.

I have followed it hence my question.

Well we're comparing the financial situations of clubs in the thread, why not Villa.?
We are discussing the financial situation of EFC in relation to their ability to purchase players on the transfer thread on the GOT forum, it is not the place to discuss and compare the financial situation of other football clubs.

And if you followed the thread you would see that the discussion was asking why couldn't all funds from player sales be spent on new players. I was saying they couldn't be as EFC has other financial commitments besides 1st team players, yet you have a go at me for stating obvious things?

We are discussing the financial situation of EFC in relation to their ability to purchase players on the transfer thread on the GOT forum, it is not the place to discuss and compare the financial situation of other football clubs.

And if you followed the thread you would see that the discussion was asking why couldn't all funds from player sales be spent on new players. I was saying they couldn't be as EFC has other financial commitments besides 1st team players, yet you have a go at me for stating obvious things?

By other things you obviously mean the new stadium ?

No this is the Everton transfer thread… other clubs have a thread in the world football thread.

Here’s the link, sweet cheeks

Is Brighton selling their good players after 1 good year crap or extremely smart business?
For the amount they get for their players it’s smart. Considering they seem to do it year after year and continue to play well.

Their recruitment is excellent and they seem to bring in player after player on cheap deals. some of their players do get overrated/look better in their system and yet they still go for top value.

Brighton are the only current PL team with a lower net spend than us over the past three seasons (inc this summer).

1692035292925.webp

Mothersille is on the bench for Everton academy today... this was spot on. GOT has a new ITK on the scene

It's a young Everton U21 side tonight at Liverpool: Crellin, Dixon, Butler, Moonan, Samuels-Smith, Metcalfe, Heath, Paterson, Okoronkwo, Apter, Kouyate. Subs: Barrett, Maher, Bates, Djankpata, Mothersille

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back