Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobble's mate insisting no interest whatsoever. Says it's just agent games.

The longer this goes on without us moving for a striker, the more convinced I am that it will be Che Adams and the club are just leaving it till late in the window, because they know it will not be well received by most of the fanbase. But they also know, if they leave it late, like with Maupay, most fans will end up rejoicing that we got someone 'over the line'.

They've done this crap before. Don't see why there would be no genuine links to a striker when it's the one thing we are absolutely desperate for.
Maybe they want to keep it on the down low like they did Chermiti and this kid from Chelsea, especially given the drama over the Harrison deal yesterday

This lad is fairly reliable this summer isn’t he? He also says that we’ll probably move for Daka. Those make the most sense. I think it would probably be Beto and Sulemana or Gnonto and Daka probably with how the fees and all that would work out for us.

£25m for Gnonto and Daka on loan probably has us done until late in the window if another loan came up. I’d be delighted with that business.

Bobble's mate insisting no interest whatsoever. Says it's just agent games.

The longer this goes on without us moving for a striker, the more convinced I am that it will be Che Adams and the club are just leaving it till late in the window, because they know it will not be well received by most of the fanbase. But they also know, if they leave it late, like with Maupay, most fans will end up rejoicing that we got someone 'over the line'.

They've done this crap before. Don't see why there would be no genuine links to a striker when it's the one thing we are absolutely desperate for.
He knows as much as you or me mate.

This lad is fairly reliable this summer isn’t he? He also says that we’ll probably move for Daka. Those make the most sense. I think it would probably be Beto and Sulemana or Gnonto and Daka probably with how the fees and all that would work out for us.

£25m for Gnonto and Daka on loan probably has us done until late in the window if another loan came up. I’d be delighted with that business.

Think there might be something in signing Gnonto and getting Beto mate - it’s the loan with an obligation report that makes me think we could be in for him - we’re doing this window on the never, never.

One thing to note as exciting as these signings are - the only one contracted to be here in 12 months time is Chermiti. Moshiri will be well gone - by the time we have to pay the piper.

Maybe they want to keep it on the down low like they did Chermiti and this kid from Chelsea, especially given the drama over the Harrison deal yesterday
I get that if it is a low profile deal - e.g. for an unkoen kid like Chermiti. But the club have said they want a senior striker. So, if it was Beto, or Ekitike (who isn’t exactly senior, but is somewhat established), it must be a Daka or a Che Adams. I'm convinced it will just be a bit of classic 'expectation management' from Chairman Bill.

I get that if it is a low profile deal - e.g. for an unkoen kid like Chermiti. But the club have said they want a senior striker. So, if it was Beto, or Ekitike (who isn’t exactly senior, but is somewhat established), it must be a Daka or a Che Adams. I'm convinced it will just be a bit of classic 'expectation management' from Chairman Bill.

i hope we’ve got a striker surely from somewere

Think there might be something in signing Gnonto and getting Beto mate - it’s the loan with an obligation report that makes me think we could be in for him - we’re doing this window on the never, never.

One thing to note as exciting as these signings are - the only one contracted to be here in 12 months time is Chermiti. Moshiri will be well gone - by the time we have to pay the piper.
I think Beto and Gnonto is the best case scenario but not sure if I can see it with the finances.

Obviously depends how the season goes but I’d say we probably brought in Danjuma and Harrison with the view for permanent moves by the end, let’s say they’re £45m for both, Chermiti is another £15m and Gnonto and Beto would definitely be £50m for the both. We’d be talking about an outlay of well over £100m for the season.

I think we probably could put up with it if we get the right sales but there might be a chance that we’d have to pay that money at the start of next season to just maintain the same squad which seems like a lot.

We’ll see what happens, I think Beto and Gnonto would be fantastic business but I’d be happy with Daka on loan instead if we had to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back