Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope we’ve got a striker surely from somewere
It'll be Che Adams or Patson Daka. Uninspiring choices that could have been sorted out weeks ago.

Che Adams would be a disaster. Daka, I could imagine working in our side. But when you've got Ekitike and Beto supposedly available on loans and have had players like Akor Adams go for buttons, it is mad really.

Just don't get the fuss about Gnonto and would be a very big outlay for us in terms of the transfer fee. Would rather put money towards a forward and see what else we could do on loan.

Daka would be underwhelming but would be better than getting nobody in. Might just be one of those that click.

Looks like they are hopeful about DCL and more willing to hedge their bets on another forward so use the loan option and reassess next January or next summer.

Just as long as they get one forward in.

With respect, what's the sample frame being used?

How are athletes being defined?

Which studies are they referring to there?

It certainly doesn't indicate professional footballers retire.
I didn't say professional footballers retire. I questions a club paying in excess of 20m for a player that is not yet back from an ACL injury that he sustained last Nov. Regardless of rhetoric, a ruptured ACL is a career threatening injury. There is risk the player may not return to the performance levels they had prior to the injury, Do you think clubs would pay over 20m for a player that hasn't yet returned from an ACL injury?

Just don't get the fuss about Gnonto and would be a very big outlay for us in terms of the transfer fee. Would rather put money towards a forward and see what else we could do on loan.

Daka would be underwhelming but would be better than getting nobody in. Might just be one of those that click.

Looks like they are hopeful about DCL and more willing to hedge their bets on another forward so use the loan option and reassess next January or next summer.

Gnonto is a really exciting player mate. We need a bit of X-factor in this side.

This is what annoys me about the DCL thing. As good as he can be, I don't believe any other club would still be signing a player to be his backup after the injury problems he has had. They'd be signing a replacement and putting it on DCL to make it back into the side. Such small-time thinking.

I think they may get Etitke done.

I didn't say professional footballers retire. I questions a club paying in excess of 20m for a player that is not yet back from an ACL injury that he sustained last Nov. Regardless of rhetoric, a ruptured ACL is a career threatening injury. There is risk the player may not return to the performance levels they had prior to the injury, Do you think clubs would pay over 20m for a player that hasn't yet returned from an ACL injury?

I make you correct, but in a different way.

Theres no doubt a footballer will recover to a high standard than a lay person. But also the modern game relies on far more mobility in football than most modern jobs. So they may recover 90% of what they had, and for me and you be fully recovered, but honestly that small difference becomes critical.

Well you replied to @Goat's statement that players don't retire from ACLs, so you kind of did.

But my point about the quality of the source to back up your argument is not very convincing.

I'm just looking at the objective facts here mate. You've made an argument that ACL injuries end careers using a questionable source of information.

It'll be Che Adams or Patson Daka. Uninspiring choices that could have been sorted out weeks ago.

Che Adams would be a disaster. Daka, I could imagine working in our side. But when you've got Ekitike and Beto supposedly available on loans and have had players like Akor Adams go for buttons, it is mad really.

Its not just Everton who have a say in a transfer. Saints and Leicester may not be willing to part yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back