Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Beto and Gnonto is the best case scenario but not sure if I can see it with the finances.

Obviously depends how the season goes but I’d say we probably brought in Danjuma and Harrison with the view for permanent moves by the end, let’s say they’re £45m for both, Chermiti is another £15m and Gnonto and Beto would definitely be £50m for the both. We’d be talking about an outlay of well over £100m for the season.

I think we probably could put up with it if we get the right sales but there might be a chance that we’d have to pay that money at the start of next season to just maintain the same squad which seems like a lot.

We’ll see what happens, I think Beto and Gnonto would be fantastic business but I’d be happy with Daka on loan instead if we had to.

Im suspicious personally mate. Moshiri will have sold the club by next summer and I think he’s keen to keep costs low while he’s selling, he might even sell Onana and make a signing for the optics or keep costs down like he did with Gordon and Kean.

Think he’s happy enough to sanction signing in tick - but because he won’t be here, hes not bothered s out the long term strategy at the club, just keep costs down and fatten the goose, sell and get out of dodge.

Just don't get the fuss about Gnonto and would be a very big outlay for us in terms of the transfer fee. Would rather put money towards a forward and see what else we could do on loan.

Daka would be underwhelming but would be better than getting nobody in. Might just be one of those that click.

Looks like they are hopeful about DCL and more willing to hedge their bets on another forward so use the loan option and reassess next January or next summer.

Just as long as they get one forward in.
With Gnonto, at least for me, I see someone who we can make massive money off of in future even after paying £25m for him. Look at Caicedo and Lavia now, obviously different positions but the fees for what they’ve actually done is insane.

We get Gnonto we’re getting a full Italy international forward at 19. If he gets to a point where he’s getting 15 G/A a season then we’d be able to flip him in 2-3 years for about £80m. It’s a no brainier move in my opinion.

These are the types of deals we should be making for young players in my view, like we did with Onana. Buy them with intent of tripling their value and getting rid. It’s the smartest way to run a club while still being successful.

Im suspicious personally mate. Moshiri will have sold the club by next summer and I think he’s keen to keep costs low while he’s selling, he might even sell Onana and make a signing for the optics or keep costs down like he did with Gordon and Kean.

Think he’s happy enough to sanction signing in tick - but because he won’t be here, hes not bothered s out the long term strategy at the club, just keep costs down and fatten the goose, sell and get out of dodge.
You could be right. I’d be very interested to see if the club got sold before the end of the window if we’d have a few days of splashing the cash. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the case and we’re waiting off on a striker because of that.

In fairness I thought fully that he sold Gordon in January without replacement because he knew he’d have to sell the club cheaper so instead of selling for £500m let’s say he could take an offer for £450m and still make the same money as he’d just pocket Gordon’s sale.

I don't care what he is called, he is an ignorant person and I have no time for him

thats-ignorant-michael.gif

With Gnonto, at least for me, I see someone who we can make massive money off of in future even after paying £25m for him. Look at Caicedo and Lavia now, obviously different positions but the fees for what they’ve actually done is insane.

We get Gnonto we’re getting a full Italy international forward at 19. If he gets to a point where he’s getting 15 G/A a season then we’d be able to flip him in 2-3 years for about £80m. It’s a no brainier move in my opinion.

These are the types of deals we should be making for young players in my view, like we did with Onana. Buy them with intent of tripling their value and getting rid. It’s the smartest way to run a club while still being successful.
I do agree the fee is a bit mental but Caicedo gets a surprising amount of balls into the final 3rd of the pitch and made a decent number of key passes last season on top of his defensive work, he is a good all round midfielder who is still young enough to add more goals into his game.

No. The deals we should be making are buying him a year ago when Leeds did for a fraction of what we are about to pay.

Doesn’t always pay off. Moise Kean didn’t quadruple in value, contributed nothing and seemed a bit of a tit despite being a full international and tales of using his lunch money to pay to enter footy games behind the church etc etc. Total failure, with both him and the club to blame. Willy already showing a lack of respect for his contract (and I hope he continues to, but still).

We have to be properly sure about how he fits into the team and his attitude to lob what might be all of our kitty at him. Can’t buy him as an investment to make money in 2025 if he’s crap for 2 years.

Still want him though just for a bit of excitement. Losing and being boring has gone on for too long.

No. The deals we should be making are buying him a year ago when Leeds did for a fraction of what we are about to pay.
I agree but it involves taking risks in the transfer market and shopping more in places like Scandinavia (Danish and Swedish leagues) and Belgium/Austria/Switzerland and Eastern Europe, essentially just not in the main 5 leagues (PL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1) We won't do that generally as dumb and dumber have favored the club having the mythical 'PL experience'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back