Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't do it to yourself mate. It's what the club always do; make us celebrate signing absolute dross by making us desperate. We did the same with Maupay.
He wouldn't anywhere near my first choice but as time goes by this is smelling of January will we get anyone another club wants. It's been a near deadline day move for a few weeks which is criminal again really when we have three league games before the window shuts.

2 in by Friday. Gnonto and a striker who plays in England. Can’t say much else but go for Prosecco and not champagne.
At first, I thought "Prosecco and not champagne" meant an Italian striker who plays in England (i.e., it won't be Ekitiké). But I don't think there's a single Italian striker in either the Prem or the Championship. Hmm …

He wouldn't anywhere near my first choice but as time goes by this is smelling of January will we get anyone another club wants. It's been a near deadline day move for a few weeks which is criminal again really when we have three league games before the window shuts.
If we signed Gnonto, we would have a lot more goals in the side via Danjuma, Gnonto and Harrison when all up to speed. Hopefully then McNeil can match or better last year and Chermiti chip in with a few. That would be preferable to signing Che Adams.

However, if we haven't got any hidden masterplan to move for a talented striker after we secure Gnonto (which seems to be what the club are doing) we should just bite the bullet on Daka or Iheanacho. Not great at all but will contribute more than Adams and aren't utter crap, just average.

….reports suggest Harrison is out for 6 weeks, which would be a daft acquisition replacing an injured player with an injured player.
A sweetener for the Gnonto deal. Which I now believe will be completed this week ( as I just noticed the episode I've started watching is actually called 'The Rat' ) 🎣 🐀

If we signed Gnonto, we would have a lot more goals in the side via Danjuma, Gnonto and Harrison when all up to speed. Hopefully then McNeil can match or better last year and Chermiti chip in with a few. That would be preferable to signing Che Adams.

However, if we haven't got any hidden masterplan to move for a talented striker after we secure Gnonto (which seems to be what the club are doing) we should just bite the bullet on Daka or Iheanacho. Not great at all but will contribute more than Adams and aren't utter crap, just average.
But why isn't there urgency to bring one if the names you mentioned in?

Would have been great , players at training wondering where koeman was as he played golf in Holland during the week. Bobby abolishing defensive and fitness drills, fat Sam counting money, Rafael sabotaging everyone else at the club and bolasie “spitting bars “ while he is in the physio room getting treatment on the wrong knee.
And of course bill, waxing lyrical about how good we used to be 40 years ago
Up there amongst the best posts ever on here mate

On this comparison Beto please
20230816_002450.webp

But why isn't there urgency to bring one if the names you mentioned in?
If it was another club that had a limited budget, I would think it would be because they know that of all the targets Leeds will be playing hardball with Gnonto and they are waiting to see what that costs us before finalising a deal for a striker.

However, this is Everton, so your guess is as good as mine. Honestly though, I would probably be as angry with the club as I was at the end of January if we end up with Adams. (A) because he's utter crap (B) because we don't just need someone to play the role of a CF, we need someone who actively contributes a good number of goals, not a similar amount to what Doucoure or McNeil got last year and (C) it's such an uninspiring deal, they could have done it ages ago, which is bizarre and suggests panicking and no proper plan.

I used to give Everton the benefit of the doubt, believe it or not, but we have been so bad over the years at everything, it's just empty hope!

Iheanacho wouldn't be 'biting the bullet'
He'd be a great signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back