Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a striker, who may be put in the squad

It won’t go to Deadline Day unless a deal falls through

That’s just melodramatic

That won’t happen as we’ll pick points up

This you’re right on but nothings gonna change until Penfold and Bill Jung-Un sod off and we get more competent people in
We would have a much better chance of getting points on the board early if we would bother to plan ahead for the first game of the season and get our business done.

The same excuses were made last year when we went to the deadline. We were behind from game 1, we didnt get the attackers we need, and we were fighting relegation until the final second of the season.

Its not dramatic to complain about how we conduct our transfer windows. I'd argue its the opposite and that we shouldn't be excusing our constant obsession with scrambling around on deadline day. Its a big reason why we have been relegation contenders and a major reason why managers keep getting sacked.

Points in August count just as much as points in May. I'm thoroughly fed up watching us start new seasons totally unprepared for competitive football matches.

I forgot we signed an old aged pensioner looking for a last pay day, a crock who won’t be fit for weeks and wanted to go to Villa, a reject from Spurs who had already rejected us but is so desperate has now come back, and a 3rd rate player who failed to make an impression
My word, you must be the life of the party on a Saturday evening.

Young has been a model professional in all our matches so far, Danjuma has not had enough minutes to for anybody to form an impression, and Harrison and Chermiti joined us a week ago and still have to kick a ball in anger.

Have a good evening.

We can't say we haven't tried for a striker this summer, we have been linked to numerous names and all decent ones. Getting them to come here is a different story though, we have fought off relegation for the past 2 seasons and we have little in the way of cash to put upfront and need to structure our deals in a way which is not enticing towards the selling club. Also another fact (which isn't popular on here but it is a fair point) a lot of young players are not going to want to play in a setup where they are just chasing balls aimlessly up top and holding the ball up, the majority of teams just don't play like that anymore hence it's hard to find a player fitting that profile.
They've had 3 windows now, when it has been as plain as a pikestaff that our overwhelming need was for a centre forward, if it is that difficult for our recruitment team to have signed a competent centre forward in that length of time, the problem probable lies with the recruitment team. They have had money to spend, but, they have chosen to spend it in other positions.

Wakey wakey Kevin, leave Gnonto where he is for nowand get a centre forward in first. No rush Kevin, in your own time.

We would have a much better chance of getting points on the board early if we would bother to plan ahead for the first game of the season and get our business done.

The same excuses were made last year when we went to the deadline. We were behind from game 1, we didnt get the attackers we need, and we were fighting relegation until the final second of the season.

Its not dramatic to complain about how we conduct our transfer windows. I'd argue its the opposite and that we shouldn't be excusing our constant obsession with scrambling around on deadline day. Its a big reason why we have been relegation contenders and a major reason why managers keep getting sacked.
It’s melodramatic to talk about getting long retired strikers out of retirement

The club have always, even in the Moyes days, have got a couple in before the season then continued business upto and including the deadline, it shouldn’t be that way but that’s down to having incompetence seeping through the boardroom. I’d argue we’ve not been competent on that front since the late Phillip Carter was running things and the Moores owned the club

It’s melodramatic to talk about getting long retired strikers out of retirement

The club have always, even in the Moyes days, have got a couple in before the season then continued business upto and including the deadline, it shouldn’t be that way but that’s down to having incompetence seeping through the boardroom. I’d argue we’ve not been competent on that front since the late Phillip Carter was running things and the Moores owned the club
You cant go into a season with these attacking options and expect to win football matches.

There's a difference between adding someone to your squad in the last days of the window, or leaving your key business till late in the window. For 2 years running, the manager at Everton has gone into the opening fixture without a striker available good enough to play at this level.

Its not good enough and I dont think there is an excuse after such a long time needing a new first choice centre forward.

They've had 3 windows now, when it has been as plain as a pikestaff that our overwhelming need was for a centre forward, if it is that difficult for our recruitment team to have signed a competent centre forward in that length of time, the problem probable lies with the recruitment team. They have had money to spend, but, they have chosen to spend it in other positions.

Wakey wakey Kevin, leave Gnonto where he is for nowand get a centre forward in first. No rush Kevin, in your own time.
I wonder how the tune will change if our next signing is Che Adams.

"C'mon Kev, sign a proper centre forward; in your own time"...

The middle finger emoji exists as a 'koff - it's inevitable there will be some tension on an Everton forum and so it exists as a release, a way to tell someone to sod off - without interrupting a thread. That's what it's there for, and exactly why I used it.

Seeing as though you want clarity;

"Please don't stop and be put off by the comments of @GrandOldTeam - I am sure they did not mean to be discouraging."

It had sod all to do with you sunshine, there's no reason anyone would be put off by my simple question and if I do want something to stop - I'll have very valid reasons, you don't tell anyone to ignore me.
Can we use a Vic and Bob style handbag emoji? It would be perfect for this x

We have a striker, who may be put in the squad

It won’t go to Deadline Day unless a deal falls through

That’s just melodramatic

That won’t happen as we’ll pick points up

This you’re right on but nothings gonna change until Penfold and Bill Jung-Un sod off and we get more competent people in

hope so mate - i don’t trust everton and rightly so!

oh my god penfold and bill jung-un

lol lol lol lol lol lol

You cant go into a season with these attacking options and expect to win football matches.

There's a difference between adding someone to your squad in the last days of the window, or leaving your key business till late in the window. For 2 years running, the manager at Everton has gone into the opening fixture without a striker available good enough to play at this level.

Its not good enough and I dont think there is an excuse after such a long time needing a new first choice centre forward.
It’s not good enough, I’m not arguing that but one of our biggest weaknesses last season was not enough goals coming from other areas of the pitch, that’s why we’ve brought in Harrison and Danjuma and want Gnonto so badly, to give us an extra boost

We all want a striker so we don’t rely on DCL’s fitness or see Maupay waste chance after chance but players either turn us down (Toure, Boniface), are deemed not worthy signings (Adams, Daka, Piroe, Ihenacho) or we’re trying to get on our terms (Beto, Ekitike)

another game then approaching

and again NO striker

this will go to deadline day

we will get carlton cole out of retirement

and be near the bottom or bottom of the league

it’s a disgrace
Matty I know some Spoken Word poetry nights where this would get a standing ovation.

Can just see you on stage now in a smokey low lit room with everyone clapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back