Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a weird snobbery around players really, as if Everton are above this level of player. There are fans at Spurs who say Richarlison is utter crap, despite the fact that we loved him. Same fans here didn't want Young or Harrison here either despite them being better than our players, same again for links to McTominay and Maguire, just because they weren't good enough for United they're somehow not good enough for us either, despite being linked to West Ham who are much better than us at the moment.

Che Adams is a perfectly fine bottom half striker in the PL, with hope he'll just be a backup for Calvert Lewin but we know he's injury prone. He's a cheap stopgap that will hopefully allow Chermiti to develop without too much pressure on him.

The truth is our fans are very unrealistic about where we are as a club and who we can attract. I’m not saying I want Adams but when they are discussing Lukaku and Maguire you realise how deluded are fan base are.
For some reason an ex Bournemouth player who flopped at Spurs is more acceptable.

The truth is our fans are very unrealistic about where we are as a club and who we can attract. I’m not saying I want Adams but when they are discussing Lukaku and Maguire you realise how deluded are fan base are.
For some reason an ex Bournemouth player who flopped at Spurs is more acceptable.
Danjuma is more exotic. I imagine most people think he's a CL level player because has at Villareal and didn't get a chance at Spurs. Had we signed him straight from Bournemouth 2 years ago or whenever it was when he was relegated the exact same people who loved his signing on loan would be fuming at signing another relegated player.

A stopgap who will no doubt get handed a 4 year contract
At £12m in this market he costs nothing and 4 years will only take him into his early 30s, not like he relies on pace or anything so I don't even think that's so much of a negative. If he suits the style of play then it will literally be the first time in probably over a decade that we'd have a striker on the bench that we could probably rely on.

Been reported all over the place including SSN so obviously been confirmed by at least one of the clubs. Although there can always be ulterior motives to that.
More likely a proper itk would have tweeted this I’d it was true. Has any of the usual suspects teeter this. Or all the otters like the bbc and a few other people using the original link

Adams isn’t that bad & don’t mind him
Personally think we could of done this deal earlier, he certainly would of out at least one of those chances away v Fulham! Get deal quick so he’s available for villa!

5C378787-62F9-439B-A6E2-8B029DC0DB7F.webp

Did he say quick pace ok 👍 he be here deadline day then 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back