Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have been clamoring for a statement signing , here it is , the message is we're tight on funds and unimaginative at recruitment

Actually although it's underwhelming he's not a replacement long term starting striker which we actually need but as a squad resource he's decent and far better suited to play dyche ball than maupay

I look at it this way and I hope people will relax and see a bit of sense. This tweet (which is apparently the first to break it) links him to us and 3 teams that finished ahead of us fairly easily last season, he's almost certainly going to start at those 3 clubs too, yet some fans wouldn't take him here as a planned backup.

For anyone that doesn't want us to sign him, what last season that you saw from us makes you think that this is anything but an improvement and secondly what makes you think that your opinion is correct on him not being good enough for us yet is seemingly good enough for these teams that were better than us last year, as they wouldn't be buying him otherwise.

Just because he's less crap than our current options doesn't mean he's not still crap. But if it's Che or nothing, then by all means, welcome to Everton, Che.

dominic_calvert-lewin_2022-23_similarity.png

I did a similar search and got a different result mate.

1692312122314.jpeg

This frustrates me, our obsession with hoofing it to a big no 9. Theres more than one way to play footy for gods sake.
We are not going to become a talented, possession based team overnight and especially under this manager.

We need to stay in the league as our first priority a strong CF who can bring other players into the game is a smart move.

Just because he's less crap than our current options doesn't mean he's not still crap. But if it's Che or nothing, then by all means, welcome to Everton, Che.
An improvement is an improvement. I backed us signing Maupay last year but he's been a disaster, mostly since he's not at all suited to how we played under Lampard (who was really?) and definitely not under Dyche. Like somone posted there a while ago Adams is one of the most similar strikers in terms of style of play to Calvert Lewin.

Last year we played just with a crap option that offered nothing, with the signings like Danjuma, Harrison and maybe others, if Adams is a "worse Calvert Lewin" then it'll massively benefit the team as he'll be able to bring others into play and get goals that way. I think Maupay would be decent in some teams but is crap in ours, similarly though I think Adams would be crap in some teams but decent in ours, he suits us.

I'd prefer us to go out and get a proper new first choice but the club is clearly sticking behind Calvert Lewin as the #1 striker, whether it's out of necessity because of finances or lack of interest from players to come here or if it's out of loyalty and belief that he can overcome his injuries. Adams is a smart option in that case.

At £12m in this market he costs nothing and 4 years will only take him into his early 30s, not like he relies on pace or anything so I don't even think that's so much of a negative. If he suits the style of play then it will literally be the first time in probably over a decade that we'd have a striker on the bench that we could probably rely on.
Rely on to do what? Not scoring goals I presume?

He’s a fair bit down the list let’s be honest, we could have had him in June really, so we’ve been off trying to get better.

We’re struggling to attract a 9. Ive said before there are Alpha and Beta forwards, if DCL in an Alpha another top Alpha forward or even one with potential isnt coming here, hence Adams as a Beta is the best we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back