Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rely on to do what? Not scoring goals I presume?
Weird stance to take considering Calvert Lewin's best attribute isn't scoring goals either. In what he's played the last 2 years he's average a goal every 6 or 7 games, despite that though any time he does play it has a massive positive impact on the rest of the team because how much he can help.

Last year of players in the bottom half, that are still at their clubs this year, the highest scorer is 10 goals. In no world will we get a prolific goalscorer to come anywhere near this club at the moment and on the off chance that one did then they'd be gone within a season.

He’s a fair bit down the list let’s be honest, we could have had him in June really, so we’ve been off trying to get better.

We’re struggling to attract a 9. Ive said before there are Alpha and Beta forwards, if DCL in an Alpha another top Alpha forward or even one with potential isnt coming here, hence Adams as a Beta is the best we can do.
you'd think any striker with any sort of confidence would look at Dom and think "theres NO way I cant beat that return over the last 2 years" and try to stake a claim themselves, no?

Weird stance to take considering Calvert Lewin's best attribute isn't scoring goals either. In what he's played the last 2 years he's average a goal every 6 or 7 games, despite that though any time he does play it has a massive positive impact on the rest of the team because how much he can help.

Last year of players in the bottom half, that are still at their clubs this year, the highest scorer is 10 goals. In no world will we get a prolific goalscorer to come anywhere near this club at the moment and on the off chance that one did then they'd be gone within a season.
Obviously Adams' goalscoring record is the downside but like you say he's someone who can replicate what DCL does in terms of bringing other players in, and with Harrison and Danjuma coming in you have guys to bring in who can score goals at a decent clip.

Adams is underwhelming but the total effect of the forwards we've brought in combined should be a massive step forward.

Obviously Adams' goalscoring record is the downside but like you say he's someone who can replicate what DCL does in terms of bringing other players in, and with Harrison and Danjuma coming in you have guys to bring in who can score goals at a decent clip.

Adams is underwhelming but the total effect of the forwards we've brought in combined should be a massive step forward.
If we could blend them into one slot on the teamsheet they'd be quality alright

dominic_calvert-lewin_2022-23_similarity.png
Brilliant. By the same token, let's sign Jacob Brown from Stoke. He's a world beater.

Brilliant logic mate. Sign crap striker who doesn’t score but runs around a lot. What could go wrong?

This lad is an absolute carthorse. Calvert-Lewin at least demonstrated for those couple of seasons that he can deliver a good number of PL goals. Saints fans laugh at how many chances Adams misses. I asked my mate to ask his brother-in-law, a Saints fan who goes every week what he thought of Adams. Response: 'tries hard but is terrible in front or goal.' And 'I honestly reckon we'd have stayed up last year if he was a better finisher.'

I seriously know of no other fanbase who are so accepting of terrible footballers just because they run around a bit. People were all the same with Maupay last year, yet anyone who watched Brighton knew the lad missed an embarrassing amount of chances. Evertonians welcome these chancers who try hard and never produce but show a bit of nark and often actively push to be done with players who have talent in their positions, such as Lukaku and James Rodriguez.

What then, when we realise next year that we still can't score goals, still don't have any money, very likely still have Maupay and Adams under contract and can't shift them?

It also shows the complete lack of ability within the club to accurately scout and identify talented forwards. There have been loads, yet we end up going for the absolute 💩💩 player we all knew we would. The club have played an absolute blinder again; make us desperate and people will celebrate mediocrity - and that's being kind to Adams.

It is honestly SO Everton to end up managed by Sean Dyche with Che Adams upfront. No other club in football would be that depressingly predictable.

Last edited:
Will we ever see the day when we have a forward thinking, adaptable club with a modern scouting system instead of BK looking up his weather beaten black book for anybody that fancies a cuppa and a chat that might have a lad to offload? Will we?
Che Adams has me rightly wound up here lol
Me too mate. Beyond shocking. Blows my mind how many people think a striker who's crap in front of goal will solve our scoring woes 😆😁

Mate. People said the same about Maupay.

Two experienced wingers in Danjuma and Harrison coming in would I guess allow you to take a punt. I assume he'd be a *much* cheaper option than Gnonto. If we moved onto him and used the saving to fund a proper CF it might be the better way to proceed.
Unless we actually know of a guaranteed deal we just have to match ( whether it be price or payment structure )
Then I'm starting to get a feeling the whole Gnonto saga has just been a ploy to fool the fans in to believing how hard we've tried this window.

If not then why haven't we already walked away from the table and approached the next target.

I think we're being played by our own club here, not Leeds..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back