Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like to point out as well that in Che Adams' best season with Southampton, he scored 9 goals in 36 PL games.In Oumar Niasse's one proper season with us, he scored 8 in 22 PL games.

The love for Adams is genuinely laughable.

Your forgetting Niasse was an appalling footballer and has dropped several divisions since his cameo at Everton

I grew up there and have been getting heaps of grief from my saints mates… he’s gash and I will never hear the end of it from them.

I sent them an article which said he’s fast and can hold up the ball. They replied, that’s not even close to being true.
Exactly mate. He's properly rubbish. My mate's brother-in-law (Saints fan) said a lot of their fans properly hate him, he's that bad.

What’s the point in being angry anymore ,the board that nearly relegated us are mostly still in situ,when there’s 500-1000 turning up to protest you’ll always get signings like adams ,Until Moshiri and Kenwright are changed ,nothing else will

He’s been here for 18 months now and has not identified a suitable striker; this is totally on him IMO

He got Onana, he’s after Gnoto so why is being restricted on a striker?
The likes of Toure and Boniface seem, like Onana, Gnonto, Harrison etc, to be the types of players Kopite Kev is going for, younger types with a sell on value (Harrison is on loan obviously)

Maupay was never the right buy and Adams might not be either but they fit the Luvvie’s criteria of having league experience which is why the striker search has been utterly tragic for two years

The likes of Toure and Boniface seem, like Onana, Gnonto, Harrison etc, to be the types of players Kopite Kev is going for, younger types with a sell on value (Harrison is on loan obviously)

Maupay was never the right buy and Adams might not be either but they fit the Luvvie’s criteria of having league experience which is why the striker search has been utterly tragic for two years
True. But I honestly believe the ginger grock will have just as much to do with this tbh.

Last edited:

This might be Kenwright but it sniffs of Dyche. Adams absolutely reeks of Burnley.

I don’t believe a word that Benji says; it doesn’t make sense that he gives carte Blanche on anything but a striker

Brilliant logic mate. Sign crap striker who doesn’t score but runs around a lot. What could go wrong?

This lad is an absolute carthorse. Calvert-Lewin at least demonstrated for those couple of seasons that he can deliver a good number of PL goals. Saints fans laugh at how many chances Adams misses. I asked my mate to ask his brother-in-law, a Saints fan who goes every week what he thought of Adams. Response: 'tries hard but is terrible in front or goal.' And 'I honestly reckon we'd have stayed up last year if he was a better finisher.'

I seriously know of no other fanbase who are so accepting of terrible footballers just because they run around a bit. People were all the same with Maupay last year, yet anyone who watched Brighton knew the lad missed an embarrassing amount of chances. Evertonians welcome these chancers who try hard and never produce but show a bit of nark and often actively push to be done with players who have talent in their positions, such as Lukaku and James Rodriguez.

What then, when we realise next year that we still can't score goals, still don't have any money, very likely still have Maupay and Adams under contract and can't shift them?

It also shows the complete lack of ability within the club to accurately scout and identify talented forwards. There have been loads, yet we end up going for the absolute 💩💩 player we all knew we would. The club have played an absolute blinder again; make us desperate and people will celebrate mediocrity - and that's being kind to Adams.

It is honestly SO Everton to end up managed by Sean Dyche with Che Adams upfront. No other club in football would be that depressingly predictable.
Main question 🙋‍♂️ would you take Adams or no one? Yeah he’s not the best finisher but at the moment beggars can’t be picky 😂

Che Adams is a good player but people don't want to admit it because he plays for Southampton
*because it is completely untrue

dominic_calvert-lewin_2022-23_similarity.png
As we can see from this list of completely crap strikers (bar possibly 1 or 2, the metric for similarity used is not scoring goals. Honestly some people's obsession with comparing garbage players with other garbage players. It just to highlights how they are identical in how terrible they are. There is trying to be positive and then there is being a victim of this clubs gaslighting.

Main question 🙋‍♂️ would you take Adams or no one? Yeah he’s not the best finisher but at the moment beggars can’t be picky 😂
No one if he comes in on £70k a week for four years and then we can't shift him like, well, about half a dozen of our current players (Gomes, Gbamin, Maupay etc..). Eventually this relegates us and maybe bankrupts us. Bad players on long, big money contracts is how we've ended up as the punchline to just about every premier league joke.

No one. Cannon is a natural finisher even if he doesn't have much to his game. I'm confident He'd have slotted one on Saturday if Dyche wasn't terrified of youth. We've signed Chermitti, give him a bash, hope DCL comes back.

There is ZERO point spending our limited money on another player that no other club would want, nor would they match his wages, who doesn't actually solve the problem we are signing him to solve. It's genuinely the most maddening logic. We will make a loss on Maupay, or do the perennial Everton thing of loaning him out, paying a huge chunk of his wages and waiting for his contract to run down and it will be the same with Adams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back