Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the time. Embarrassed that we pay people to make the decisions we always end up taking. My mates refer to us as the banter club, how can I argue against it? I also feel some Blues almost try to make those among the fanbase that have standards feel embarrassed for having them. If you are happy with signing championship grade players you must be happy with us being in the championship is my takeaway. I just see what some other clubs smaller than us do and a little part of me dies watching who we end up recruiting typically. It's grim mate.
Couldn't agree more mate. It's nice that there are some people with similar views on it on here tonight.

Yeah I was at my mate's when the Che Adams story broke. He's a Leeds fan and he just shook his head and said: 'why do you always do it? You just knew Everton would sign him.'

You're right though, the way some people aggressively attack those who don't want the club to stay this way is weird to me. As is their constant justification/rationalisation of our poor performance and decision making.
But hey, ho. Each to their own I guess.

Couldn't agree more mate. It's nice that there are some people with similar views on it on here tonight.

Yeah I was at my mate's when the Che Adams story broke. He's a Leeds fan and he just shook his head and said: 'why do you always do it? You just knew Everton would sign him.'

You're right though, the way some people aggressively attack those who don't want the club to stay this way is weird to me. As is their constant justification/rationalisation of our poor performance and decision making.
The sense of inertia is frightening at this club. Saw on this thread a while back people citing the Moise Kean signing is why we should go for the Che Adams sure bet (of being crap). Kean was a failure yet the only one we made our money back on. A calculated risk. Signing Maupay or Adams type just ensures the house always wins (the selling club).

All the time. Embarrassed that we pay people to make the decisions we always end up taking. My mates refer to us as the banter club, how can I argue against it? I also feel some Blues almost try to make those among the fanbase that have standards feel embarrassed for having them. If you are happy with signing championship grade players you must be happy with us being in the championship is my takeaway. I just see what some other clubs smaller than us do and a little part of me dies watching who we end up recruiting typically. It's grim mate.
100% it's grim
As long as we have a Chairman who's fit to be put out to pasture and the culture of mediocrity he's infused the club with we'll be passed out by those smaller clubs you mention because they have evolved and operate completely differently.
We are a joke now
No imagination
No ability to learn from mistakes
No idea what to do next
A dated, not fit for purpose chairman and make shift board
An owner that really doesn't seem to understand or even like football that has been convinced said chairman is the wasp's nipples
and a scouting system that seems to focus solely on relegated clubs with players looking for a way out

Banter club is right. Guess we just have to laugh along with them until some drastic changes occur

No one. Cannon is a natural finisher even if he doesn't have much to his game. I'm confident He'd have slotted one on Saturday if Dyche wasn't terrified of youth. We've signed Chermitti, give him a bash, hope DCL comes back.

There is ZERO point spending our limited money on another player that no other club would want, nor would they match his wages, who doesn't actually solve the problem we are signing him to solve. It's genuinely the most maddening logic. We will make a loss on Maupay, or do the perennial Everton thing of loaning him out, paying a huge chunk of his wages and waiting for his contract to run down and it will be the same with Adams.
And if the unthinkable happened and we were relegated, no club in the premier league would be stupid enough to take him off our wage bill for 12mil

The sense of inertia is frightening at this club. Saw on this thread a while back people citing the Moise Kean signing is why we should go for the Che Adams sure bet (of being crap). Kean was a failure yet the only one we made our money back on. A calculated risk. Signing Maupay or Adams type just ensures the house always wins (the selling club).
Imagine if the top clubs only wanted to sign 'premier league proven'(good or bad not as important apparently)
They wouldn't remain top clubs for long

Panic stations again isn’t it with EFC at Defcon 1. BK has his key in the lock, just waiting for Thelwell to place his. An absolute expected joke I’m afraid. Can read them like a book.

The sad thing is people have been predicting this move since the week after the Bournemouth game or at the very least being linked with a move for him.

And the thought process of “moaning because we haven’t signed a striker now moaning we are trying to” makes zero sense. No objectivity at all. As if it’s expected everyone must be in favour of this just because he’s a forward. Bizarre.

Both of your points are valid & hell I agree he’s not my first choice but I’d rather have him than no other forwards! Let’s see what happens first before writing him off! Honestly your living dream land thinking where signing players like lukaku or Maguire! We have to accept where we are at the moment & situation where in!

Er we get at least half our back on Maupay may have to loan him out first like!

We have had interest in Adams since 2019 I would presume it’s more of a dyche push

Can't, he'll be playing CB every week. This is what will turn the faithful against Dyche. I've never been more sure of anything.
Too be fair dyche did drop him in the end & has said brainwaite is not up to full fitness yet
Personally he was Snd in Fulham game!

Ok so we sign Beto ( new flavour of the month)
for £25mil instead & he’s dogpoo! You’d all be moaning! Honestly I just think fans love 💕 to moan! Where crap last two seasons & our aim is to stay up, hopefully 🙏 to progress with new stadium & ownership then we can aim higher!

Frank refused loads of striking options last season has he’s heart set on broja,
Rather go into the season with some attacking options ideally gnonto & sulemana! Than nothing & hoping for 1-0 wins!

Personally I prefer iheanacho as I think he’s a natural finisher which we badly need!

However if Adams is all we can get then so be it
I back him all the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.