Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adams is totally uninspiring. But what annoys me why didn't they just get him ages ago so he could have been starting. I doubt he will even be signed for Sunday. The club is a shambles.
I doubt he'll be signed at all.

It's another garbage story being fed to the media by Everton's comms dept.

25C90D36-B18F-41B9-AC6F-0790A51CC329.jpeg

Didn’t Jack Harrison even score more than Adams? Thelwell adores strikers who can’t score goals
Adams did score 10 goals last season, but in all competitions. I don't know in how many starts. To be fair Thelwell, has only really had this summer to do what he wants. I doubt Maupay was anything other than a transfer window panic buy. We have been linked to Adams for ages. Its looking like he's number 3 or 4 on the list of players who they think could do a job and we can afford.

Adams is totally uninspiring. But what annoys me why didn't they just get him ages ago so he could have been starting. I doubt he will even be signed for Sunday. The club is a shambles.
If we signed him too early, the fans would have plenty of time to realise he's crap and kick off. At least this way, we only have it confirmed after the window has closed.

The checking our reactions! Let’s hope they stick twitter at least that’s more even 😂

It's shameful, it really is.

Then again, if anyone is 'kin daft enough to be still reading this crap and believing it when they have the evidence of the last two transfer windows in front of them then they deserve to have the piss ripped from them.

Adams did score 10 goals last season, but in all competitions. I don't know in how many starts. To be fair Thelwell, has only really had this summer to do what he wants. I doubt Maupay was anything other than a transfer window panic buy. We have been linked to Adams for ages. Its looking like he's number 3 or 4 on the list of players who they think could do a job and we can afford.

Attachments

• 43939EFF-37F5-404A-959B-D3633DDBF431.png
    43939EFF-37F5-404A-959B-D3633DDBF431.png
    52 KB · Views: 17
Since he’s been in the PL he has scored:
4 in 30
9 in 36
7 in 30
5 in 28

Pitiful. The season we bought Maupay he had just scored 8. Adams was outscored last season by McNeil and Gray.

As seems to be the case whenever we’re linked with an unsexy player, these are very, very over simplified stats.

You make it sound like he’s played 124 full matches scoring 25 goals, making him a 1 in 5 striker.

When you look at the actual stats, he has only started 88 of those 124 games.

And when you look at the minutes he’s actually played in total, its 7,283, which means his average appearance length in those 124 games is 63 mins.

Essentially, his 124 appearances boil down to around 87 actual sets of 90 minutes.

Suddenly 25 in 87 looks quite a lot different to 25 in 125. It means he’s a one in 3.5 goals a game rather than a 1 in 5.

That makes him, I would argue, an average/decent pl striker rather than an hilariously crap one.

His goalscoring record is more in the realm of a big dunc rather than a Brett Angell.

So let’s not overreact and write him off before he’s even put a shirt on

Status
Not open for further replies.