Summer transfer window 2023

Not that he'll be bought, but if he is he'd hand us 4/5 goals that could prove crucial.

I'll believe it when I see it.
I'm inclined to agree with you on this Dave, he has scored 2 in 3 for Saints so far this season so they ain't going to let him go without a fight as they need him.

If they get rid of Adam’s surly they want a proven goalscorer in that league. A swop with Maupay would be good for both teams no?
Or even better they give us 12mil for Maupay
Premier league proven (that ol' PL Marketing nugget every mediocre at best team buys into)
Championship proven (2 proofs for the price of one)
ya know the things we drool over

I'm inclined to agree with you on this Dave, he has scored 2 in 3 for Saints so far this season so they ain't going to let him go without a fight as they need him.

He's a massive improvement on Maupay...which is being damned with faint praise a bit. But at least you'll know there's a forward player on the pitch who can occupy defenders and leave space for others to exploit...unlike that complete waster Maupay.

As I posted in another thread, it's such a tiresome narrative that we only scout relegated sides.

23/24 - Young, Danjuma, Chermiti (not relegated), Harrison (relegated)
22/23 - Onana, Maupay, Garner, Gueye, Coady, Vinagre (not relegated), Tarkowski, McNeil (relegated)
21/22 - Myko, Patterson, Gray, Dele, Rondon, Lonergan, Van De Beek, El-Ghazi, Begovic (not relegated)

In any case, some of the players we've taken from relegated sides have become world class (or at least very very good: Pickford, Gueye to name a couple recent examples.

Equally, let's be honest, we all know sod all about what's best for the squad at hand. Clearly they've identified certain qualities that we lack and have been working off a list of potential players to fill those gaps. We also need to be realistic, we aren't in a position to sign a new flat out no.9 and that ideal player might not be out there. DCL, Adams, Chermiti and Maupay as a depth chart up top isn't that bad

I'm not against the lad he's better than Maupay but I've just read he's final year of contract. £12m seems high.
Final year or not, you do know that 12m is nothing in terms of modern transfer fees.

Seems a huge amount of money to us, but in the premier league it's positively a free transfer

A front three of Harrison, McNeill & Adams is pure Brexit ball by Dyche.

One thing you could never argue is the commitment and effort, it would be there in buckets.

To me it looks like they’re going to take a gamble on DCL again. They’re buying a back up, like last season, but at least it fits more with how we play.

Watching Pickford pumping balls up to Maupay is mental. Yes I get that Adams is only an inch or two taller than Maupay but his aerial ability and physical presence for a smaller forward is actually really good.

Will give him my backing until or if he proves he’s not up to it.