Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that he'll be bought, but if he is he'd hand us 4/5 goals that could prove crucial.

I'll believe it when I see it.
totally. there is so much fluff flying around, and when you factor in the ineptitude of our recruitment team to fill a position that's been absolutely top priority since the end of the 2020/2021 season, I'll believe only when it's confirmed hes agreed and his medical has passed (I wanted to say 'pictured with the scarf above their head, but our media team is as bad as the recruitment team)

Not for us. Gnonto would get you that too btw.

If it came off it'd save Everton about £10M they'd have blown on no-neck.
IMG_9085.jpeg

He's a massive improvement on Maupay...which is being damned with faint praise a bit. But at least you'll know there's a forward player on the pitch who can occupy defenders and leave space for others to exploit...unlike that complete waster Maupay.
Maupay is possibly the most frustrating player I have ever watched, he gets into some excellent positions in and about the box but every single shot he hits straight at the keeper, he can't seem to aim for the corners or side foot it past them it's always straight down the middle where it's easy for the keeper to block it.
Adams is not ideal but he will contribute in the system that Dyche plays, the clamoring by some for a player who scores 15+ is nonsense as we don't play in a way that would get the best out of someone like that. We need a team man atm and that's probably what Adams will be.

A) What are you on about?
B) That isn’t a huge draw these days.
C) Wow. One player that no one (other than the incredible scout that you are) has seen play yet and could follow in the footsteps of the likes of that lad from Switzerland, Gueye a while back, the kid we just binned back to France.

Not gonna ignore you as your huge posts are just what’s needed when I’m struggling to sleep.

A: You wrote "infinite money" when ive been talking about signing players lower than we will have spent if we sign Maupay. If your maths isnt good, use a calculator.

B: Yes. Playing in the worlds best league "isnt a draw these days" lol

C: Nice i can be of service. I write those once ive rolled off yer ma.

Swap deals are rare though Zat (you know this) and not just that our issue is always getting clubs to take on the crazy wages we pay our players, it's where a number of previous moves have broken down. Next summer is going to be a blessing for us but we better have a good plan going into it as if we are scrambling around at the end of the window like now we will be in massive trouble.

I think its a concern that one club seemingly want our gash player and we want their gash player...surely theres a gash swapping situation we could put together.

It was and is imperative we bring in sales and sign players in advance of next summer...not dross and not those on 1year deals.

Brilliant logic mate. Sign crap striker who doesn’t score but runs around a lot. What could go wrong?

This lad is an absolute carthorse. Calvert-Lewin at least demonstrated for those couple of seasons that he can deliver a good number of PL goals. Saints fans laugh at how many chances Adams misses. I asked my mate to ask his brother-in-law, a Saints fan who goes every week what he thought of Adams. Response: 'tries hard but is terrible in front or goal.' And 'I honestly reckon we'd have stayed up last year if he was a better finisher.'

I seriously know of no other fanbase who are so accepting of terrible footballers just because they run around a bit. People were all the same with Maupay last year, yet anyone who watched Brighton knew the lad missed an embarrassing amount of chances. Evertonians welcome these chancers who try hard and never produce but show a bit of nark and often actively push to be done with players who have talent in their positions, such as Lukaku and James Rodriguez.

What then, when we realise next year that we still can't score goals, still don't have any money, very likely still have Maupay and Adams under contract and can't shift them?

It also shows the complete lack of ability within the club to accurately scout and identify talented forwards. There have been loads, yet we end up going for the absolute 💩💩 player we all knew we would. The club have played an absolute blinder again; make us desperate and people will celebrate mediocrity - and that's being kind to Adams.

It is honestly SO Everton to end up managed by Sean Dyche with Che Adams upfront. No other club in football would be that depressingly predictable.
Imagine being told 3 yrs ago we’d start our last season at goodison with dyche as manager and che Adams as our striker

Exactly mate. He's properly rubbish. My mate's brother-in-law (Saints fan) said a lot of their fans properly hate him, he's that bad.

Kenwyne jones is the only other player which has been universally hated by their fans.

And these are people that used to love Jason Dodd, Francis Bengali and Ian dowie

Status
Not open for further replies.