Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
But to repeat again: THIS NEIL MAUPAY IS NOT PLAYING FOR US !!!
He does not fit our style of play, we need someone who can hold it up and bring others into play. Maupay is probably best feeding off a main striker and his confidence is shot. So any comparison between them is rubbish. Yes i had preferred a better striker too but Adams is an upgrade compared to him. And with Danjuma, Chermitti, Harrison and hopefully Gnonto we have strengthened our attack more than i would have hoped. But it needs both Adams and Gnonto.

As Guardiola said, we are threatening and one of the best in transition.

We played on the deck last game.

A hold up player isnt what we need imo. @NSNO chris pointed it out earlier. We need very quick attackers who can score goals and be deadly on transition...

27 like Adams. Thrilling :(

Working on a few things sounded positive from Dyche. Watch that get trimmed down next week to just one.

Looking at the links today with Porto B +Southampton + Troyes sub par players all linked...

...i hope this is all a nightmare and there is a sudden major injection into the transfer kitty from Moshiri. Not gonna happen but would allow me to sleep this next week.

As Guardiola said, we are threatening and one of the best in transition.

We played on the deck last game.

A hold up player isnt what we need imo. @NSNO chris pointed it out earlier. We need very quick attackers who can score goals and be deadly on transition...

27 like Adams. Thrilling :(

Looking at the links today with Porto B +Southampton + Troyes sub par players all linked...

...i hope this is all a nightmare and there is a sudden major injection into the transfer kitty from Moshiri. Not gonna happen but would allow me to sleep this next week.
a hold up player is what you need when you fall behind and the opposing team park the bus. There is not always as much room that Fulham gave us. In the end we put a cross in the box you hope there is one there who can challenge for it. how many times last season were crosses into the box to no avail. Plus we dont have the players Pep has.

a hold up player is what you need when you fall behind and the opposing team park the bus. There is not always as much room that Fulham gave us. In the end we put a cross in the box you hope there is one there who can challenge for it. how many times last season were crosses into the box to no avail. Plus we dont have the players Pep has.

Pep was talking about us under Dyche last season being one of the best in transition.

We wouldnt be throwing balls into the box if we had good service on the deck and a quality centre forward.

The way were setup would perfectly suit rapid attackers that can score goals on the counter. Not a non-scoring target man.

I don't understand people are annoyed at the inevitability of this signing, it was on the cards from day one. we've worked our way down our list, its not worked with other targets so we're at che.

In reality, accept it, strap in for another mediocre season and you'll enjoy it more. lower your expectations and you can't be upset as much when things don't go well...

Pep was talking about us under Dyche last season being one of the best in transition.

We wouldnt be throwing balls into the box if we had good service on the deck and a quality centre forward.

The way were setup would perfectly suit rapid attackers that can score goals on the counter. Not a non-scoring target man.
I think maybe Pep was just being nice/patronising

I don't understand people are annoyed at the inevitability of this signing, it was on the cards from day one. we've worked our way down our list, its not worked with other targets so we're at che.

In reality, accept it, strap in for another mediocre season and you'll enjoy it more. lower your expectations and you can't be upset as much when things don't go well...
Accepting a mediocre season means raising my expectations. But I take your point

Another winger !
BD20A23D-BD1E-47CC-A77F-A72FC2FEBC5F.webp

I'm not sure last season could be classed as "mediocre" we should should have been relegated with 34 goals and 36 points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back