Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

No one wants to buy crap players on high wages. The best will be loan offers at the end of the window.
Fine, do it

They should be nowehere near the club with their abysmal attitudes and lack of commitment. There are players at this club who have contributed absolutely nothing in years, but take home hundreds of thousands per month.

We need to sell Gray, Gomes, and Onana quickly to get some cash flow in.

We desperately need a proper CF (sounds like Adams will get that nod), a proper wide player on the right (Gnonto or otherwise), and a creative center mid who can scan the pitch and look to make things happen. All of our midfielders are interested in playing either square balls to each other or to the back. Never any creativity or attempts to get the ball forward in attacking spaces.

With any money leftover, we could use a new CB that Dyche will trust enough to unseat Keane. He's a fine rotational player but his effort on Villa's final goal should have seen him pulled immediately.

Dire times, this. Everton, that.
Assuming United are actually interested in Onana (and weren't watching today) then the best solution right now would be to get McTominay plus enough cash for a decent centre back. Onana has potential, but right now that would improve two positions. Ideally if we could get enough to also get someone like Walker-Peters in addition even better because we are weak at full back too.

At least today means they can't kid themselves that all our problems are on the attacking side.

Time to just go all out and get Rom back on loan. Maybe even a two year loan if we can stump up the cash. Chelsea want rid and need rid.
Spurs are in talks over him and even if they weren’t there’s no way he’d come back here. Not even worth the cost of a phone call

I hope I'm wrong, but maybe the club are hearing there'll be points deductions in October and probably only racking up 50 points would get us safe...something way beyond this team even with a couple of good attacking additions. There's been no real big outlay this summer and they can say they did some business and if we work a miracle they can hevae a sigh of relief. But we look like a club governed by people who have held their hands up and said 'we cant see a way out here and we wont throw good money after bad'.

Maybe I'm wrong and I probably (hopefully) am, but it's the only explanation I can come up with to account for this inertia.

I just dont see signings in the next 10 days that'll be big enough to save us...maybe more likely is the sale of Onana.

Why will no manager or DOF at this club overhaul the squad?

Start being ruthless and get these abysmal players out the door
I dont think they are allowed to. Its been like this since we supposedly went with the DOF. They are all on good money and will go along with whatever kenwright wants ultimately. We have an owner who hasnt a clue and a one man boardroom who thinks he is boss at everything. The leaving of everything until the last minute has been the club policy on signings even before moshiri turned up. Ive lost count of the amount of seasons we have started under prepared and having unbalanced squads. Even when moyes was manager the amount of bad starts happened and ultimately cost us top 4 on a couple of occasions. Its the reason we end up over paying for average players and giving them massive wages and then not being able to sell them. For me it was why kenwright had to be removed. Here we are again though.

Just listening to Dyche again lavishing praise on Dobbin, I'm not sold on him but if Dyche is then with Danjuma / McNeil / Harrison / Dobbin / Iwobi for wide areas, which of our many problems is actually solved by making Gnonto our biggest outlay of the summer? A genuinely creative attacking midfielder would surely be a better option, Doucoure grafts but doesn't have the quality.

Assuming United are actually interested in Onana (and weren't watching today) then the best solution right now would be to get McTominay plus enough cash for a decent centre back. Onana has potential, but right now that would improve two positions. Ideally if we could get enough to also get someone like Walker-Peters in addition even better because we are weak at full back too.

At least today means they can't kid themselves that all our problems are on the attacking side.
Would take McTominay and Maguire for Onana right now if it was offered. That would value Onana at about £55-60m I'd guess. Alternatively, McTominay plus £20m and Maguire on loan with us paying half his salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back