Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I'm wrong, but maybe the club are hearing there'll be points deductions in October and probably only racking up 50 points would get us safe...something way beyond this team even with a couple of good attacking additions. There's been no real big outlay this summer and they can say they did some business and if we work a miracle they can hevae a sigh of relief. But we look like a club governed by people who have held their hands up and said 'we cant see a way out here and we wont throw good money after bad'.

Maybe I'm wrong and I probably (hopefully) am, but it's the only explanation I can come up with to account for this inertia.

I just dont see signings in the next 10 days that'll be big enough to save us...maybe more likely is the sale of Onana.
We had the chance to avoid a repeat of last season - or worse - over the summer, and we did nothing. The ownership is in self-preservation mode and nothing else. There is no top-flight future for a club run like this. They might well know something - that a points deduction is coming - but that'll be merely the straw the breaks the camel's back. Kenwright and Moshiri have run us into the ground. And as the fans still seem determined to turn up in droves despite everything, one wonders if relegation is actually needed at this point to force real change. Probably not would be my guess, but one thing is for sure: relegation is what we will inevitably get without change.

We had the chance to avoid a repeat of last season - or worse - over the summer, and we did nothing. The ownership is in self-preservation mode and nothing else. There is no top-flight future for a club run like this. They might well know something - that a points deduction is coming - but that'll be merely the straw the break the camel's back. Kenwright and Moshiri have run us into the ground. And as the fans still seem determined to turn up in droves despite everything, one wonders if relegation is actually needed at this point to force real change. Probably not would be my guess, but one thing is for sure: relegation is what we will inevitably get without change.
Almost certainly yes

There are still large portions of our fans who get more angry at the thought of protest or dissent, than they do at pathetic performances like today.

Almost certainly yes

There are still large portions of our fans who get more angry at the thought of protest or dissent, than they do at pathetic performances like today.
I'm actually so worn down that I don't fear relegation any more. I simply accept it as inevitable.

Will it provoke change? Certainly - but most of that change will be of the negative variety and I still wouldn't back it to rid us of Kenwright.

But I can't rouse myself to get upset at Sean Dyche or Neal Maupay or Michael Keane anymore. The real problem sits, forever, in the boardroom. Until there is change there, there are only bad times ahead.

Would take McTominay and Maguire for Onana right now if it was offered. That would value Onana at about £55-60m I'd guess. Alternatively, McTominay plus £20m and Maguire on loan with us paying half his salary.
Yeah, would probably ask the question about Maguire although the wage situation is so tricky. But right now Maguire and McTominay would be a massive improvement to the spine of this team over Onana and Keane.

Watching Onana disappear in another game I really do think it would be wise to cash in for a profit while he's still regarded as a hot prospect. He might live up to the billing in the future, but it's not guaranteed.

I’d love to be able to see our list of targets and how they come to the conclusion that goalscorers aren’t needed
It seems their scouting staff doesn't want to consider high scorers at lower leagues that may have Premier League ability. They want guys that have played in the Premier League or at the top of one of the other European leagues. If those guys put up big numbers they are either not for sale or going to Champions League level options. I would take Piroe or Douvikas over Adams just in hope that their scoring plays at a higher level.

Hmm 🤔 just like dobin then! Stop talking nonsense if he’s good enough he will play
I would define giving a young player a chance as something more than throwing them on when you're being properly battered or being a pointless sub for the last 2 minutes of injury time.

You and I both know, if Che Adams came in and stank the gaff out every game until DCL came back fit, it would always be Che Adams getting game time ahead of Chermitti.

And also, what's your defence of the decision to persevere with Keane as opposed to giving Branthwaite a chance, even though Keane had to come out last year for nearly relegating us 🤔🤔

Could it be that it is because we have a manager who would rather field terrible senior pros who have made the same mistakes throughout their careers, than put on a youngster who may actually learn from any mistakes? I wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back