Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed Onana is the new Sigurdsson just without the Goals and Assists.

He got 6 goals and 5 assists in his last season with us.

I would be surprised if Onana gets that over 3-4 years.

humberside-raid.gif

Now linked to Hudson-Odoi for £8m, smart move I think. He’s had issues and fell out of form but there was a reason he was so highly rated to begin with and why Bayern were after him years ago. He’s also still really young too.

Gnonto, Adams and Hudson-Odoi for close to £50m though isn’t the most inspiring and sounds like something we’d not be able to afford, maybe a sign of him being a Gnonto alternative?
How many times are we going to overlook issues / out of form though? We’re not a rescue home for footballers. It looks like a good price but there are 120 thousand reasons a week no one has actually signed him.

I think we saw yesterday there are clear issues with the attack, and we do need further reinforcements, Gnonto and Adams seem to be the most likely players currently. However, when Danjuma and Dobbin came on second half, we saw that the midfield and the defence still have huge issues too, and I don't think Gnonto and Adams are going to fix that, I think a centre back on loan has to be a target before the end of the month. The prospect of Tarkowski and Branthwaite seems okay, but if either get an injury we are in serious trouble with Michael Keane, and tbh I think Ben Godfrey may just be even more useless than Keane so it's not looking great.

How many times are we going to overlook issues / out of form though? We’re not a rescue home for footballers. It looks like a good price but there are 120 thousand reasons a week no one has actually signed him.
I do agree but he’s apparently willing to take a massive pay cut. I think on the right money and for that price it might be a gamble worth taking simply because we should easily be able to profit off of it if he’s even remotely ok.

He’s another Gray, won’t be a consistent starter but if he could get close to 10 g/a or something a season then we’d probably make a bit off of him. I don’t want him as an alternative to Gnonto but as depth I think he’d probably be ok.

Now linked to Hudson-Odoi for £8m, smart move I think. He’s had issues and fell out of form but there was a reason he was so highly rated to begin with and why Bayern were after him years ago. He’s also still really young too.

Gnonto, Adams and Hudson-Odoi for close to £50m though isn’t the most inspiring and sounds like something we’d not be able to afford, maybe a sign of him being a Gnonto alternative?
Instead of being linked with a new player each day can we just try and get someone in before the weekend as that team needs a big lift before Wolves but then again no one will be Dyche fit to play Saturday

I do agree but he’s apparently willing to take a massive pay cut. I think on the right money and for that price it might be a gamble worth taking simply because we should easily be able to profit off of it if he’s even remotely ok.

He’s another Gray, won’t be a consistent starter but if he could get close to 10 g/a or something a season then we’d probably make a bit off of him. I don’t want him as an alternative to Gnonto but as depth I think he’d probably be ok.
Fair enough, maybe one to consider on a reasonable salary. Hard to see us bringing in him and Gnonto and would obviously prefer Gnonto, but there’s a lot of other areas to spend money on…

The unfortunate injury yesterday just makes signing a striker an even bigger necessity than it already was. We need them in and ready for Saturday as well, no excuses.

There is no time to wait to the end of the month. We have 3 more big games before the international break. They are all winnable, and really we need to be winning them.

The unfortunate injury yesterday just makes signing a striker an even bigger necessity than it already was. We need them in and ready for Saturday as well, no excuses.

There is no time to wait to the end of the month. We have 3 more big games before the international break. They are all winnable, and really we need to be winning them.
We'll be lucky to draw one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back