Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we will be getting anyone from Man U, not even on loan if we sell them Onana, due to wages but if we could get someone it should be the jock not the the jockstrap.

McTominay is a much better player than people think. Maguire has always been a much worse player than people think.
Why would they want Onana, McTominay is a much better player. He actually gets involved in the game and you notice him.
You only Onana every 20 mins when he does a slide tackle, disappears again.

Why do we drag things out for so so long. Gnoto deal should have been done and dusted and then onto other targets. I think now seeing the first two games we need a right back, a midfielder, 2 strikers and probably a centre back.

No manager is getting a tune out of Mykolenko and Patterson imo. They simply aren’t Premier League quality; the best part of 30 million wasted.
It's impossible to answer that as we don't give them a chance, and we don't work with them. Most teams have a coach type in charge these days, a guy who wants to work on the training ground and improve players and tactics, guys who are not bothered about the recruitment side of things. We are still stuck in the mindset of the old school manager type. To say there is nobody in world football that can get even an extra 10% out of the players is just wrong imo.

A classic case of the longer a player is absent, the better he is in some people's minds. "Always involved" is exactly what he wasn't.

Fair. They are only highlights and not the best choice of words from me. As I said I did give him stick myself but a lot of the goals that were shown he was somewhat involved in. He would have walked into this shambles of a team.

...and regardless of what happens against Wolves, this club's hierarchy have sacrificed willingly the first available 9 points on offer by sending us out onto the pitch with one forward in just one of those games - and he isn't even fit for purpose.

A club that's serious about survival would have been gunning for 6/7 points out of these first 3 games to give a chronically unconfident organisation the boost it needed after two relegation campaigns on the trot.

But here we are now with 2 defeats and a game against Wolves looking like a relegation 6 pointer AND without even a realistic chance IMO of landing another forward before the window closes.

No, sorry, as far as I'm concerned a decision has been made right at the end of last season to enter into another relegation campaign and see if we can work the third survival campaign in a row. That's what our spending tells me. Loud and clear.
Remember when we got 3 point from the 1st 3 games under Martinez in 13/14?

Took a lot of flak. I probably give him his fair share but had a rewatch of some games from about 4 years ago as they popped up on my YouTube feed and he was always involved.
Agreed. Always wanted the ball, came up with some important goals and assists for us.

I dont think we would have been fighting relegation the last 2 seasons with him in the team tbh.

The abuse aimed at him was unwarranted. We have had much worse than Sigurdsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back