Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can Dyche not see what everybody else can about Keane? He is mentally and physically not cut out to be top level footballer who would probably be decent in championship with no spotlight on him. Dropping Keane for Mina and Coady stopped us being relegated and sacked last year. He needs to move on and either trust Branthwaite (or even Godfrey) or bring in someone new. Given our limited resources keeping Coady and getting rid of Holgate/Godfrey & Keane would have been smart idea imo

Our number one target this summer appears to be a 19 year old winger, and we’ve just bought a 19 year old striker. We definitely need a mix of younger and more experienced players.

Buying young is not always the best strategy as well, Mykolenko and Patterson were both bought young and they’re both cack and largely useless investments.
If you are going to buy younger players (it's better for the long term future of the club) then you have to have a coach/manager who can work to bring them along and who knows how to integrate younger players into a first team. This is the bit we keep getting wrong imo.

How can Dyche not see what everybody else can about Keane? He is mentally and physically not cut out to be top level footballer who would probably be decent in championship with no spotlight on him. Dropping Keane for Mina and Coady stopped us being relegated and sacked last year. He needs to move on and either trust Branthwaite (or even Godfrey) or bring in someone new. Given our limited resources keeping Coady and getting rid of Holgate/Godfrey & Keane would have been smart idea imo
We're having difficulty shifting one of those three. Hard to imagine all of them going and suitable replacements being brought in

If you are going to buy younger players (it's better for the long term future of the club) then you have to have a coach/manager who can work to bring them along and who knows how to integrate younger players into a first team. This is the bit we keep getting wrong imo.

No manager is getting a tune out of Mykolenko and Patterson imo. They simply aren’t Premier League quality; the best part of 30 million wasted.

….I like Mina but we shouldn’t be giving contracts to players with a history of sitting in the treatment room, especially when that was with us. I simply don’t trust players who become available when their deal is about to finish & they want to be in the shop window. Let’s not forget him constantly breaking down.

The other thing with Mina is we have no idea if he wanted to stay. We need strict criteria when signing players or extending contracts and Mina shouldn’t be near the club.
I agree, but the club are actually signing players with current injuries. The whole thing is a shambles.

This is genuinely infuriating. A replacement for what? Gray's not had a pre-season and isn't involved in the squad. He won't even be available to play before McNeil is back I'd bet, Danjuma will certainly be fit before Gray is. This doesn't even account for the fact that Gray is selfish and crap anyway. This will be the second time we've made a balls of selling him this window, get rid ffs!!

I agree but maybe Dyche is making sure the money will get used on an actual player first, otherwise Gray goes and that money disappears and no one comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back