Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and regardless of what happens against Wolves, this club's hierarchy have sacrificed willingly the first available 9 points on offer by sending us out onto the pitch with one forward in just one of those games - and he isn't even fit for purpose.

A club that's serious about survival would have been gunning for 6/7 points out of these first 3 games to give a chronically unconfident organisation the boost it needed after two relegation campaigns on the trot.

But here we are now with 2 defeats and a game against Wolves looking like a relegation 6 pointer AND without even a realistic chance IMO of landing another forward before the window closes.

No, sorry, as far as I'm concerned a decision has been made right at the end of last season to enter into another relegation campaign and see if we can work the third survival campaign in a row. That's what our spending tells me. Loud and clear.
nine points from 2 games?

I’m not sure adding a winger and striker to the team does much for that performance last weekend. Of course games can change when you take chances and we definitely need more depth and quality upfront, but the defence and midfield are terrible. Keane and Gueye need to come out the team, they’ve been key parts of too many terrible Everton teams that have been easy to carve open.
In some ways we have to ignore yesterday's performance as none of our likely signings could have turned that into a draw. Keane will be dropped now, I guess, but Gueye seems to be a fixture. I don't get it. He's dreadful. He's also the only player that I would like to see in Saudi

This is genuinely infuriating. A replacement for what? Gray's not had a pre-season and isn't involved in the squad. He won't even be available to play before McNeil is back I'd bet, Danjuma will certainly be fit before Gray is. This doesn't even account for the fact that Gray is selfish and crap anyway. This will be the second time we've made a balls of selling him this window, get rid ffs!!

Oh good. we've learned nothing from our Icelandic purchase.

We deserve to be down here. zero acumen from the Hierarchy
Yes, we should be looking abroad instead of favouring PL experience but: we need a player who can dribble, who is a ball carrier, who has an eye for a pass, is fast and a decent finisher. All of those things apply to Gnonto. He also got his difficult debut season in the PL out of the way.

I worry that if we walk away now, we won't be able to get anyone anywhere near as good as him at short notice.

The other key difference between him and the likes of Sigurdsson is that he is just 19, giving us a far greater chance of making our money back. We also won't be sticking him on £120k pw.

I want this transfer done tbh.

The problem with our 11 was glaringly obvious yesterday.

No Spine, no leaders and ultimately very little quality.

Keane and Patterson weak links at the back. Hopefully Patterson improves but Keane hopefully never plays for us again.

Our Midfield is terrible. Absolutely awful. There is no on the ball quality from any of our 3 mids that started yesterday. Doucoure and Onana offer absolutely nothing. I really dont get the desire to keep Onana, if a £60-£70m bid comes in we should be seeing him out the door.

We lose to Wolves next weekend. They are playing much better than us.

Gnonto isn't the answer to our problems. We need a new no6, no10 and a new CB. the spine needs sorting asap.

This is genuinely infuriating. A replacement for what? Gray's not had a pre-season and isn't involved in the squad. He won't even be available to play before McNeil is back I'd bet, Danjuma will certainly be fit before Gray is. This doesn't even account for the fact that Gray is selfish and crap anyway. This will be the second time we've made a balls of selling him this window, get rid ffs!!

Makes absolutely no sense how this has been handled. Shambolic really

Gnonto is the replacement, we moan that we sell players without replacing them, now there’s moan because we aren’t selling a player without replacing him

Conversely, if we can't sign anymore attackers, wouldn't you want to keep him?
I'm not sure how we can keep him now

He should have been involved the past 2 games but the manager didn't want to use him. Why would we need a replacement for someone the manager didn't want to use.

The way this has been handled has been completely stupid. We are in no position to have attacking players not involved when they are still an Everton player.

Use him or sell him ASAP.

Sigurdsson would still be a our best player now. Exactly what we are missing.
Wasn't the quickest, but had a good delivery in him and a good strike from distance. The closest we have in the squad today is mcneill...main difference is that mcneill is slightly quicker feet but very one footed player.

The problem with our 11 was glaringly obvious yesterday.

No Spine, no leaders and ultimately very little quality.

Keane and Patterson weak links at the back. Hopefully Patterson improves but Keane hopefully never plays for us again.

Our Midfield is terrible. Absolutely awful. There is no on the ball quality from any of our 3 mids that started yesterday. Doucoure and Onana offer absolutely nothing. I really dont get the desire to keep Onana, if a £60-£70m bid comes in we should be seeing him out the door.

We lose to Wolves next weekend. They are playing much better than us.

Gnonto isn't the answer to our problems. We need a new no6, no10 and a new CB. the spine needs sorting asap.
You're not wrong but that isn't going to happen. We will face the rest of the season with most of those who played yesterday taking part. So it's up to Dyche to get more out of them. We will buy Che Adams and another attacking player, hopefully Gnonto, bring in a couple of loans and get a few players back from injury. Nothing really inspiring. It won't be as bad as yesterday every week but it is going to be pretty grim

I'm not sure how we can keep him now

He should have been involved the past 2 games but the manager didn't want to use him. Why would we need a replacement for someone the manager didn't want to use.

The way this has been handled has been completely stupid. We are in no position to have attacking players not involved when they are still an Everton player.

Use him or sell him ASAP.
Stupid is playing a player we want to sell.

Did you see Coutinhos leg fall off yesterday? Villa are unlikely to sell him and are now stuck with a crap player on huge wages.

Oh good. we've learned nothing from our Icelandic purchase.

We deserve to be down here. zero acumen from the Hierarchy
No plan b...thats why...they know at this stage we are unlikely to get another player in time before the window closes, so they keep pushing adding a fiver every time and probably going crazy on deadline day and either ending paying way above his market value or being told that whilst the bid is acceptable, it is too late in the window so they can't leg him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back