Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gnonto is the replacement, we moan that we sell players without replacing them, now there’s moan because we aren’t selling a player without replacing him
My point is there's nothing to replace. Let's say there's no transfer incoming or outgoing, by the time Gray himself would be fit and available by then Danjuma, McNeil and probably Harrison would all be available themselves. We're holding onto a 4th or 5th choice winger when there's a sale there for no reason.

Stupid is playing a player we want to sell.

Did you see Coutinhos leg fall off yesterday? Villa are unlikely to sell him and are now stuck with a crap player on huge wages.
He's an Everton player who could have been useful in the first 2 games. Until such point as he is not an Everton player, or at least a bid has been accepted, he should be sold.

The season starts in week 1, not week 5 or 6. Someone needs to make the club, Thelwell and Dyche aware of this, because they seem to be preparing a team that will be ready to compete come the start of the winter.

It's a simple scenario. Sell him or use him. The current situation has just been shooting ourselves in the foot.

Good morning and welcome to the 21st of August Everton transfer update.

Everton are closing in on the £15m signing of Southampton's 27-year-old Scotland forward Che Adams. (Telegraph - subscription)

Saudi Arabian side Al-Shabab have reached a verbal agreement with Everton to sign 27-year-old Jamaica winger Demarai Gray. (Fabrizio Romano). There could be a problem for Everton in terms of replacing him, though. They have already signed Jack Harrison on loan from Leeds United, but have been aiming to get Wilfried Gnonto to follow him. Yet according to the Daily Mail, talks between Everton and Leeds for Gnonto have collapsed after four unsuccessful offers by the Toffees.

Everton could make yet another bid for Leeds United’s Wilfried Gnonto, as per Football Transfers, in a bid which could yet rise to £30million. The latest came in at around £25million and Sky Sports say that Gnonto subsequently handed in a transfer request, with the player having been exiled from the first-team amid this ongoing saga and Football Transfers are now saying that Sean Dyche’s Everton could make what should be a final bid for the Leeds man this week, with the Toffees apparently ready to spend closer to £30million on the Italian.

Everton talks with Leeds United over a potential deal for star forward Wilfried Gnonto have collapsed, with the Toffees having made four offers for his services, according to the Daily Mail. In the print edition of the newspaper [21 August, pg 61], it was shared that, despite the attacker handing in a formal transfer request at Elland Road, his club will refuse to sell him at any price as he is not for sale this summer.

Everton forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin has now sent a message to fans after being taken off through injury at Villa Park yesterday. Taking to Instagram, Calvert-Lewin posted a message to fans via his story, stating:

“Didn’t expect to end up here. I’m sorry it wasn’t the return everyone was hoping for and no one is more frustrated than me. It’s a sore one but I’ll be back shortly.”

Everton are interested in signing Troyes striker Mama Balde after seeing their £12million offer for Che Adams rejected, talkSPORT understands. Burnley and Sheffield United are also in the running for Balde, who is believed to be available for around £7m.​
great work mate

I'd rather get rid of Dyche than Branthwaite
This is the issue.

If you employ Dyche you have to give him Dyche type players and not expect an investment in youth.

It wouldn't surprise me if he had Gnonto on the bench because " he lacks PL fitness ".

That's why he will always favour a Harrison or a Keane. He will dress it up whatever way it suits him to play an experienced player over a young player.

Only if there is no alternative ( say an injury to Coleman ) will he play a younger alternative.

If you want to play and develop young players like Branthwaite you have to employ a coach like Potter and accept that in the short term there will be inconsistency that might result in relegation.

That might happen under Dyche anyway.

It depends if you take a long term or short term view and we know what Moshiri wants.

So, he might as well sell Branthwaite and give Dyche his head.

This is genuinely infuriating. A replacement for what? Gray's not had a pre-season and isn't involved in the squad. He won't even be available to play before McNeil is back I'd bet, Danjuma will certainly be fit before Gray is. This doesn't even account for the fact that Gray is selfish and crap anyway. This will be the second time we've made a balls of selling him this window, get rid ffs!!

I don’t think that’s true, I think SSN are just recycling a line they used when we were stalling Fulham, and even that I think was to get more money.

We’ve added Danjuma and Harrison, kept Dobbin for the first team squad, not let Gray train, taken his number away. Couldn’t be clearer he’s played his last game for us and there’s no way we’d stall a good offer for the reason stated.

At this point now, i would be seeing if United want a deal for Maguire & mctominay for Onana.

People are guna scream at me, but how ppl cant see that Maguire would become our best defender by a mile.
Why do people still have this massive hard on for big club cast offs. HM has done nothing over the last 4 years to suggest that he would be anything other to Keane mk2

Why do people still have this massive hard on for big club cast offs. HM has done nothing over the last 4 years to suggest that he would be anything other to Keane mk2
would be alot better than keane imo plus i just think is a cb who had rumours here. Is hard to say what cb the club be after because might only be a loan

I don’t think we will be getting anyone from Man U, not even on loan if we sell them Onana, due to wages but if we could get someone it should be the jock not the the jockstrap.

McTominay is a much better player than people think. Maguire has always been a much worse player than people think.

At this point now, i would be seeing if United want a deal for Maguire & mctominay for Onana.

People are guna scream at me, but how ppl cant see that Maguire would become our best defender by a mile.
Wages probably kill Maguire as part of that but I would be actively seeking McTominay plus 30m if United are interested. Know swaps are rare but related deals do happen, and if United value McTominay at 45(!) then 75 for Onana isn’t crazy. Or, more realistically, 30 for McTom and 60 for Onana.

We’d have a current upgrade on Onana and 30m going towards structured deals would get a proper centre back and maybe even a decent full back like Walker-Peters.

It would be a lot to do but we need upgrades in all departments and one deal could allow upgrades in three.

This is the issue.

If you employ Dyche you have to give him Dyche type players and not expect an investment in youth.

It wouldn't surprise me if he had Gnonto on the bench because " he lacks PL fitness ".

That's why he will always favour a Harrison or a Keane. He will dress it up whatever way it suits him to play an experienced player over a young player.

Only if there is no alternative ( say an injury to Coleman ) will he play a younger alternative.

If you want to play and develop young players like Branthwaite you have to employ a coach like Potter and accept that in the short term there will be inconsistency that might result in relegation.

That might happen under Dyche anyway.

It depends if you take a long term or short term view and we know what Moshiri wants.

So, he might as well sell Branthwaite and give Dyche his head.

Our number one target this summer appears to be a 19 year old winger, and we’ve just bought a 19 year old striker. We definitely need a mix of younger and more experienced players.

Buying young is not always the best strategy as well, Mykolenko and Patterson were both bought young and they’re both cack and largely useless investments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back