Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can sell Onana after one year for that and get 2 or 3 more hot prospects (maybe one earlier in the timeline for cheaper). Then maybe hope for more of the same at the end of next year.

Surely that is the way to go? Even if we were more financially comfortable, having a club that runs itself in a way fans can be proud of is all I want.
Correct - another 30m prospect coupled with some younger cheaper Asian, South American prospects is the way to go. And maybe a young championship players that has won clubs player of the year / made the championship team of the year and under 25 years old.

The fact there are a few rumours can be taken as a positve sign that at least some work is being done before 5 to midnight....even though we all know how it will eventually go.

Rumours are just that, rumours.

I expected us to have 2 in by end of the month but then i remembered that if we hold off until July 1st its a different FFP year.

I wonder if we may be trying to move players our before the June 30th end of FFP year.

Then incomings in July.

Well at the time all of the rumours were stating that it was Everton leading the race for Caicedo until we decided against him and he ended up at Brighton. Google it for proof. Crazy that we pass up almost no-risk signings like Caicedo for £4m and probably £15k a week but are very happy to buy Maupay for £15m and £50k.
Oh, I believe you. I just hadn't heard that and it surprises me. It shouldn't, though. I suppose.

I expected us to have 2 in by end of the month but then i remembered that if we hold off until July 1st its a different FFP year.

I wonder if we may be trying to move players our before the June 30th end of FFP year.

Then incomings in July.
Yes, i agree. But im a strong believer in that there is no smoke without fire. So the more rumours we hear the more likely we are being active in trying to hunt down players who we want and who we will come to us. I mean being realistic how many players agents do we have to tap up to find the one player that will sign for us in our present circumstances. 10-1 hit rate or worse. Agents will love a call from any club and are gaurenteed to leak it to a journo even if they know it will come to nothing. The noise around their player gives them an edge when it come to negotiating deals for their client.

Cucurella turned out to be a great deal for Brighton, though not in a way they expected.
Cucurella is the perfect example of how to mug off the big clubs, you set your price and wait for the egos to get the better of them. The actual “value” of the player is meaningless.

The top 6 or 7 are absolutely pishing money out the door trying to compete with each other and if they take a liking to one of your players you have to take advantage.

Then incomings in July.

…I don’t think deals involving foreign clubs can be officially concluded until July 1st. Domestic deals can be registered after June 14th;

IMG_5729.webp

Almeria have just signed centre forward 'Luis Suarez' from Marseille on loan with an option to buy.

Could mean El Bilal Toure is available :) ;)

Then incomings in July.

We say this every year and then start looking for players in the second week of August.

Cucurella is the perfect example of how to mug off the big clubs, you set your price and wait for the egos to get the better of them. The actual “value” of the player is meaningless.

The top 6 or 7 are absolutely pishing money out the door trying to compete with each other and if they take a liking to one of your players you have to take advantage.

Hence why £75+mil Onana, £50mil+ Pickford...and then we have the Godfreys, Keanes, Iwobis, Holgates and Maupays to sell for £45+mil.

That would be some warchest lol

…I don’t think deals involving foreign clubs can be officially concluded until July 1st. Domestic deals can be registered after June 14th;

View attachment 212729

Good point. So foreign signings could be signed but not made official until July...thus showing on next years FFP.

There might be a window but sure as hell we are not looking through it just yet. Not until the processes are gone through to replace certain members of the club hierarchy and establish a transfer fund/policy with new interested parties. Departures are different and outgoing frees/end of contracts etc, will proceed. All this garbage of being linked with anyone can be consigned to the bin as a waste of time for a while. That's what I think anyway.
We'll be in trouble if you're right, because nothing will happen in the transfer market here until a new board is appointed,

I'd rather get decent signings in with the present board in charge than have nothing happen waiting for them to get the flick.

July 1st is the date that their new contract starts. Deals can be done long before then and often are.

I think its more whether July 1st being 'official' is when the deal is reflected for FFP.

I think Weghorst would be a good signing to be honest. Works hard , presses well , hold it up well bringing midfield runners into play. Forget what he did at United, they didn't use him right. Was very good in the Bundesliga.

Only if rotating with Doucoure as a loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back