Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Everton lack creativity'​

0c6397e1-3937-496f-96e6-e5f2f5283859.jpg

Ledley King
Former Tottenham captain Ledley King on the Football Daily podcast
I don't see enough creativity in Everton's team. I look at their midfielder, with Idrissa Gueye, Amadou Onana and Abdoulaye Doucoure. I don't see goals or creativity there; that is a big problem.

Yes Ledley.
I strongly agree with this.

We should've signed Gustavo Hamer from Coventry, would've slotted in well as a creative midfield option.

The planets a big place, with a lot of players, only the elite .1% probably meet the quality to improve a side in this league and for those who are, they are in demand - there is more attractive and better gigs then here.

There is clearly an issue with players who fall into that bracket and even players who could develop into it wanting to come here, our profile is a skip fire - we have very little to offer bar tradition.

Lampard for all his failings was a draw last summer that probably quenched our skip fire profile a bit.
I think Saudi hasn't helped us either they take that middle band of players away too, we had a deal with Rodrigo done apparently then the Saudis came in blowing us out of the water on wages.

Leeds are in for Piroe . I think he'd be worth a gamble for 12 million. Even if we are signing Adams if he got a injury we'd be back to square one .

Now that Gnonto looks off, how would people feel about going for a left back instead and pushing Young up? I simply don't trust Mykolenko and just because of his age Young at left back scares me. We need someone that can play 38 games at left back who isn't an utter calamity.

Lads like El Bilal Toure and Ekitike, beating their way to play in the PL and to get smashed 4-0 live on Sky Sportz. lol

Meanwhile in an alternate reality, Best League in the Worldz! lol

Meanwhile in actual reality, players like Edson Alvarez are going to West Ham, young Brazilian wonderkids are going to Crystal Palace, Calvin Bassey leaving Ajax’s first team for Fulham, and Billy Gilmour is still a little crapper that doesn’t get a game.

How can Adams not be done. This has got to be the easiest signing to complete and we’re pi***** around.
We are probably trying to pay as little as possible up front to try and leave more cash for other signings. Probably increasing it it little increments every time they don’t accept it. That’s what happens when you haven’t got a pot to pee in

I think Saudi hasn't helped us either they take that middle band of players away too, we had a deal with Rodrigo done apparently then the Saudis came in blowing us out of the water on wages.

Its a good point mate. I also think Forest coming up last year scuppered us to - we likely would have gotten Gibbs white and i think a creative midifier changes this side, while i could have seen us be competitive for the likes of Brennen Johnson at the time.

The other thing is that the CL clubs aren't just picking up proven quality these days, they are picking up all the prospects. Take someone like Alvarez, City can sign him for about £18 mill. Everton can match that fee, but he's not coming to Everton because of our profile. So in that end of the market and if a player even a prospect is coming through - the likes of Utd, Chelsea, City and Mordor are all over it, they have all the basis covered these days, these days we're also behind Spurs, Newcastle, Brighton etc. The market for young prospects is as competitive as senor established players.

In attracting players - players are looking at earning potential now, can you increase my profile by playing in Europe and thus my earning potential, can you increase my profile by being in a good side and my earning potential, what history do you have of developing players, what potential has the club got to improve my profile and earning potential - we hit none of these boxes - we're just not attractive to sign for, thus the type of market of players we are in for - its why the likes of Ndiaye, El Bilal Toure and Ekitite chose/chose others (outside of the PL) over us. Just playing in the PL - doesn't cut it and just to one dimensional of a point, to attract the likes of the afore mention players you would want to improve you.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back