Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im actually optimistic wel be alright mate, we've a proper manager and the players we've signed so far improve us.

Everyone's panicking after the first two games - not ideal - but we've not put out our first team yet - marathon not a sprint.
over 38 games perhaps

but when we fell to the bottom under Lampard I understood for the first time the psychological 'well' you can fall into when you at the bottom, if we dont pick up our first win soon, we can get sucked in to a self fulfilling prophecy thats really tough to dig yourself out of.

over 38 games perhaps

but when we fell to the bottom under Lampard I understood for the first time the psychological 'well' you can fall into when you at the bottom, if we dont pick up our first win soon, we can get sucked in to a self fulfilling prophecy thats really tough to dig yourself out of.
More worrying is Dyche's admission that some of them threw their hands in at Villa after the second went in

over 38 games perhaps

Agree. A winless...God help us a goalless!....August would be hard to recover from psychologically even if we had a first eleven which gelled and kept fit all season

over 38 games perhaps

Maybe after 10 games or so........not so sure after 2........admittedly we all have a bit of PTSD over the last couple of years....not being super unrealistic - i defo know we are in for a slog - but im not, not optimistic we cant improve on last season.

Currently bottom of the table, very little quality brought in, players injured, poorer than last season and the only links are for players leaving. Is Bill trying to inflict as much damage as he can before he leaves or something. We are behaving like we got relegated and are on a path of self destruction.

Agree. A winless...God help us a goalless!....August would be hard to recover from psychologically even if we had a first eleven which gelled and kept fit all season
Yep, the squad is so fragile and every mistake leading to a goal leads to a cataclysmic collapse because they all visibly think “here we go again”. Need to get out of it and stay out of it for any of Dyche’s consistency/confidence waffle to be accepted by the players in tough games.

Leicester missed their chances to stay up last year, and they had a way more potent starting 11 than we have put out recently and still couldn’t claw their way over the line.

Watching that Lukaku video has just reminded me that I actually used to enjoy watching and supporting us. There’s unfortunately very little left to like from top to bottom. Sad stuff.

I can't believe how much I moan about us now. I haven't had anything positive to say in a very long time.

However, if we get Lukaku on TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY SKY SPORTS SUPERBOWL I'll be proper cheddered.

It's not like we were even a good team then but compare Deulofeu putting things on an absolute plate for a bona-fide goalscorer in Lukaku to now were we've got Alex Iwobi doing those absolutely infuriating chipped balls he does into the goalkeeper's arms whilst Neal Maupay is waiting outside the box...

What's happened to this club is criminal.
We were decent (particularly with Lukakus goals) but on the cusp of being good...then the money came in and wow as you say, criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back