Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if there was ever a reason for BK to stay on the Board - this news is it. Funds are coming in which is at least positive news as far as the stadium is concerned but there is now no trigger or catalyst for change at Board level beyond what we have seen so far.

I would imagine the interim appointments will be made permanent in due course and BK will stay on for his ‘transfer nouse’.

Coadys not much better but dyche might have picked Keane anyway I do think we need a new centre back I’ve been saying that all summer while other people had tunnel vision about a striker but I don’t think coady was the one and a loan was always going to be the way to go with it because of the money situation.
We shifted 2 centre backs because of their salaries (Coady, Mina) but should have focused in shifting Holgate and Godfrey. Because they are crap. Now we call them back up but Dyche might choose Coleman and Mykolenko ahead of them at CB because we all know they would actually be better.

The money's dried up for Moshiri since the Usmanov sanctions. I doubt he's even a "billionaire" anymore now that his money pipeline has been tied up. He's certainly not putting any more money into us. We've been had by a puppet.
And possibly MSP are now pulling out because they see that they are being played for mugs with our on field dealings. ‘Stadium only loan’ is probably because they are legally committed and can’t get out of that.

The money's dried up for Moshiri since the Usmanov sanctions. I doubt he's even a "billionaire" anymore now that his money pipeline has been tied up. He's certainly not putting any more money into us. We've been had by a puppet.
Well Moshiri's personal wealth hasn't. It's increased significantly since the pandemic, hasn't it??

The MSP news coupled with transfer window problems and a terrible start to the season is a perfect storm. Goodison could be a cesspit on Saturday.
Good. If we are going to be crap and are going down, I want the fans to go wild. Hopefully, there'll be full scale riots. Just a shame kenwright and moshiri won't be there. There'd be more than just headlocks.

FYI This headline is VERY misleading so Im cross-posting this. From the actual article:

"That may well be true but the club will now not be getting any from MSP. But the U.S. group is proceeding with the £100million loan to the stadium company, although this is now just a straightforward loan and not convertible debt.

This should enable Moshiri to repay the £40million he borrowed from English businessman Andy Bell in May which was always intended to act as a bridging loan for the larger MSP investment."

In other words MSP IS indeed giving a 100million loan, but it will just be a straight loan instead of having the ability to convert it into equity. The 25% stake is off the table.
Esk (I know, but he's generally decent at explaining financial implications) reckons this does nothing whatsoever to help with business cashflow (e.g. the ability to conduct transfers etc), it just allows the stadium project to keep ticking over, though even that is going to come up well short of the funds required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back