Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not really deception though is it, when once the dust has settled on the transfer window and a few more games go by, if we have no further additions (particularly attacking ones) the pressure cooker lid will blow sky high, and if they think they were in for protests now, the actions that take place at that point will be a lot more focal or forceful.

If what you say if their strategy is true and is a delaying tactic, it’s self defeating for them. They would be solely hoping for an upturn in performances and results which I think we can all say is very unlikely to happen. They would be better managing expectations of the fan base to manage any rising fervour.
Too much sense not enough conspiracy for Dave

There’s a lot of garbage teams in the league and we are absolutely one of them. But the Fulham game for me… if we can get a striker who can score 12 goals (in 35 games now) we probably scrape survival. Surely after 4 windows of looking we can find that

It’s not really deception though is it, when once the dust has settled on the transfer window and a few more games go by, if we have no further additions (particularly attacking ones) the pressure cooker lid will blow sky high, and if they think they were in for protests now, the actions that take place at that point will be a lot more focal or forceful.

If what you say if their strategy is true and is a delaying tactic, it’s self defeating for them. They would be solely hoping for an upturn in performances and results which I think we can all say is very unlikely to happen. They would be better managing expectations of the fan base to manage any rising fervour.
I disagree. I said right at the beginning of this window that this lot will have seen Luton, Sheffield Utd and Burnley coming up and a club like Wolves in turmoil and they'd have felt there was a good chance that we'd survive amongst such company and get just safe again.

We're dealing with chancers here who will take gambles like that.

Yeah, Beto is more over the long run but he's at least an actual investment, still only 25 and with the physical tools to do well in this league, if you spend 25m on him you could realistically turn a profit. Che Adams you know what you're getting and although he's cheaper, at 27 you're not going to turn a profit or even get much of your money back if and when you sell. IF there's a deal to be done for Beto with a similar up front payment it seems like a no-brainer.

Also fits with our financial model of kicking the can down the road.

I disagree. I said right at the beginning of this window that this lot will have seen Luton, Sheffield Utd and Burnley coming up and a club like Wolves in turmoil and they'd have felt there was a good chance that we'd survive amongst such company and get just safe again.

We're dealing with chcners here who will take gambles like that.
I agree with you there, they are trying to survive on a shoestring and in doing so they are gambling heavily with our PL status and short to medium term financial stability as a club. I just don’t see what delaying the inevitable will do for them in terms of misrepresenting our transfer activity through media contacts,

Now there’s a story out today about BK being in hospital. If he is that integral to our transfer negotiations, I could see them using that in the last week of the window as an excuse for not bringing anyone else in.

There’s a lot of garbage teams in the league and we are absolutely one of them. But the Fulham game for me… if we can get a striker who can score 12 goals (in 35 games now) we probably scrape survival. Surely after 4 windows of looking we can find that

Well the most heavily linked striker has been Che Adams who’s never got anywhere near that amount.

Tik tok. Three players needed minimum or we are in serious danger of going down for me. Number nine style striker, winger/creative player, centre back and they all need to be quality. The board and owner have again left another manager under equipped for the start of the season for the third season running. How they can look at last season and us staying up by the skin of our teeth again, regardless of the finances (you can sell players next summer or in the winter if you want to recoup)and think we didn't need a striker for the start of the season is insanity. No more excuses or I fear our luck is running out this season.

We're dealing with chancers here who will take gambles like that.
That's the annoying part as it wouldn't take much to finish 12th.

Tik tok. Three players needed minimum or we are in serious danger of going down for me. Number nine style striker, winger/creative player, centre back and they all need to be quality. The board and owner have again left another manager under equipped for the start of the season for the third season running. How they can look at last season and us staying up by the skin of our teeth again, regardless of the finances (you can sell players next summer or in the winter if you want to recoup)and think we didn't need a striker for the start of the season is insanity. No more excuses or I fear our luck is running out this season.

i would give up mate if you think we’re signing players

People keep saying it’s not kevs fault we can’t spent whilst ignoring the fact he has spent on a player dyche wont use
Maybe he didn't sign him for Dyche, although it does no good for us now.

He's just saving our next manager from a Dyche squad as much as he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back