Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this right.

We spent half of the transfer window chasing Gnonto when Leeds said they wouldn't sell and now in the final week of the transfer window we're going to send that money towards a different player who plays a completely different position. While also spending nearly all of the other half of the window dithering over a payment plan for a player in that exact same position.

Quite an interesting transfer strategy we have.

Gnonto positions last season;

View attachment 224449

Beto positions last season;

View attachment 224450
That’s an Everton plan

Pick one player until it goes tits up then panic

I hate to be the pessimists but I am not very high on the Beto move. It feels very old Moshiri buying in this age range and price point. If there was a little more assurance in goals but the returns in a worse league still leave a lot to be desired. It may be a stylistic fit but im not sure that should be factoring Dyche's input this ardently. Especially when its a profile that isn't necessarily in vogue. That leaves me dubious on the sell on viability with his prime also around the corner.

I guess the argument is if he bags 7 or so with Dom playing 1/2 to 2/3rds the season we could be decently in the clear, and thus justify the deal. But then what? Or in the very real possibility that we dont hit stride and Dyche is let go, i'm not sure Beto's strengths mirroring another hires tactics (likely a position I would agree with).

This seems desperate and expensive and void of what should be links with more logical and reasoned alternatives. He has strengths no doubt but I just wish it for a lower price considering the output, or more assurance in production at the current rumored fee. Also that the skillset was a bit more analogous or fluid with likely manager turnover. Just not checking enough boxes for me.

why don’t I believe this deal agreed, the day before a game and suddenly a deal agreed, why not 3 weeks ago why tonight, think it’s a plant myself but we will see

I hate to be the pessimists but I am not very high on the Beto move. It feels very old Moshiri buying in this age range and price point. If there was a little more assurance in goals but the returns in a worse league still leave a lot to be desired. It may be a stylistic fit but im not sure that should be factoring Dyche's input this ardently. Especially when its a profile that isn't necessarily in vogue. That leaves me dubious on the sell on viability with his prime also around the corner.

I guess the argument is if he bags 7 or so with Dom playing 1/2 to 2/3rds the season we could be decently in the clear, and thus justify the deal. But then what? Or in the very real possibility that we dont hit stride and Dyche is let go, i'm not sure Beto's strengths mirroring another hires tactics (likely a position I would agree with).

This seems desperate and expensive and void of what should be links with more logical and reasoned alternatives.
And who should we go for?

This seems desperate and expensive and void of what should be links with more logical and reasoned alternatives. He has strengths no doubt but I just wish it for a lower price considering the output, or more assurance in production at the current rumored fee. Also that the skillset was a bit more analogous or fluid with likely manager turnover. Just not checking enough boxes for me.
I would understand your view if you had actually watched him play.

I wonder if we'll go for a winger/forward on loan now - like Sulemana - as alternative to Gnonto, freeing up the money for Beto on a permanant
Hopefully, but I'll be surprised as Beto release clause is 35m. The irony is if we do sign him and end up with him and danjuma and Harrison, we've strengthened up top but now without coady,Mina and Holgate are weak in defence. We're definitely in trouble financially

Didn't read all of this but from the first paragraph he sounds like the bald Turkish donkey allardyce signed that we're probably still paying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back