Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to be the pessimists but I am not very high on the Beto move. It feels very old Moshiri buying in this age range and price point. If there was a little more assurance in goals but the returns in a worse league still leave a lot to be desired. It may be a stylistic fit but im not sure that should be factoring Dyche's input this ardently. Especially when its a profile that isn't necessarily in vogue. That leaves me dubious on the sell on viability with his prime also around the corner.

I guess the argument is if he bags 7 or so with Dom playing 1/2 to 2/3rds the season we could be decently in the clear, and thus justify the deal. But then what? Or in the very real possibility that we dont hit stride and Dyche is let go, i'm not sure Beto's strengths mirroring another hires tactics (likely a position I would agree with).

This seems desperate and expensive and void of what should be links with more logical and reasoned alternatives. He has strengths no doubt but I just wish it for a lower price considering the output, or more assurance in production at the current rumored fee. Also that the skillset was a bit more analogous or fluid with likely manager turnover. Just not checking enough boxes for me.
Agree on that gnonto was the number one choice the club wanted, but the lad has been heavily scouted by us. His profile is alot closer than dcl, this seems a move by thewell, the psg kid looks like come from moshiri. Is a risk going for this lad but i see more positives going for him than gnonto. Then hope we can pull off mote deals

I am glad if we can sign Beto finally. But it is once again how we are mismanagement.
Look back the whole summer, we are from :
Toure(25M)+Gnonto(15M)>Gnonto(30M)+Chemiti(12M)>Beto(30M)+Chemiti(12M)

We have put the limited funds wrong especially after we lose Toure. We all know how important a proper CF is for the team.
Yes, Gnonto maybe superb after 1-2years and we may not have the chance again to sign him after that.
However, we should focus to survive in PL first and seek for investment to spend again rather than chasing Gnonto.

We couldn't afford 5 million up front for Adams so would love to know how we can suddenly afford 30 million plus add-ons.
True, but we could of been trying to spend so much on one posistion and then prioritise on another. Gnonto and then a cheap striker possibly, ie Adams.

If this bid is true, then I'm expecting us to go for a winger on loan, hopefully Sulemana. This is all purely guessing and desperately hoping though

I am glad if we can sign Beto finally. But it is once again how we are mismanagement.
Look back the whole summer, we are from :
Toure(25M)+Gnonto(15M)>Gnonto(30M)+Chemiti(12M)>Beto(30M)+Chemiti(12M)

We have put the limited funds wrong especially after we lose Toure. We all know how important a proper CF is for the team.
Yes, Gnonto maybe superb after 1-2years and we may not have the chance again to sign him after that.
However, we should focus to survive in PL first and seek for investment to spend again rather than chasing Gnonto.
Toure?

I hate to be the pessimists but I am not very high on the Beto move. It feels very old Moshiri buying in this age range and price point. If there was a little more assurance in goals but the returns in a worse league still leave a lot to be desired. It may be a stylistic fit but im not sure that should be factoring Dyche's input this ardently. Especially when its a profile that isn't necessarily in vogue. That leaves me dubious on the sell on viability with his prime also around the corner.

I guess the argument is if he bags 7 or so with Dom playing 1/2 to 2/3rds the season we could be decently in the clear, and thus justify the deal. But then what? Or in the very real possibility that we dont hit stride and Dyche is let go, i'm not sure Beto's strengths mirroring another hires tactics (likely a position I would agree with).

This seems desperate and expensive and void of what should be links with more logical and reasoned alternatives. He has strengths no doubt but I just wish it for a lower price considering the output, or more assurance in production at the current rumored fee. Also that the skillset was a bit more analogous or fluid with likely manager turnover. Just not checking enough boxes for me.
You know man united spent 80 million pounds on a striker from Serie A who had one promising season in a reputable league and only scored 9 goals , (less than beto) but that's the indicator of the striker right now, it's absurd any prolific highly touted striker is way out of our price range ( in vogue?). This is a smart deal and at least in my mind us different than tosun or other horrid deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back