Summer transfer window 2023

Why do we just get to pretend that we’ve paid £3m for them? Do we have to apply that rule to the signings we made last season, because that would mean we’ve spent about £30m on Maupay, McNeil and Onana this season.

You are correct on this. We kick the can down the road to next year, and probably have to pay a premium to do it.

Tha being said, it's worth illustrating how little we are spending as down fees, as it underlines the weak position we are in.

Why do we just get to pretend that we’ve paid £3m for them? Do we have to apply that rule to the signings we made last season, because that would mean we’ve spent about £30m on Maupay, McNeil and Onana this season.
Isn't it stretched out over the course of their contracts? We pay about 2-3mil per season per player for however long their contracts run. So probably between 6-9 mil for this year. Someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe all that talk of Southampton wanting £5m downpayment and us asking to restructure it was true, when you read the reports we are paying Udinese nothing this window.

You are correct on this. We kick the can down the road to next year, and probably have to pay a premium to do it.

Tha being said, it's worth illustrating how little we are spending as down fees, as it underlines the weak position we are in.

It points to a lack of cash flow mate, which is a concern. It makes no difference to Profit and Sustainability the fee will be ammortised as normal.

Like I said this morning, think Moshiri is planning not to be here next year for these cash calls.

But...but ....Big Al said no more after Beto.
Yeah can understand why he said it before the deal has come out would have been alot to alot to spend. Would love us to get more players in but if we could pull off Bakayoko and Elvedi would be great. Still would like a young cm to come in but hard get everything sorted