Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
And West Ham fans want Moyes out (won a trophy, in Europe, sold a player for £100mill, brought in Ward Prowse, Kudus, best Chelsea and Brighton)

Almost similar levels on betwetting here.
People were accused of bed wetting last year when we fortunately stayed up by one goal (anyone who stayed up out of us Leeds and Leicester were going to be fortunate. ALL points count, off the back of our last two seasons we have now made our worst ever start to a PL campaign. It’s hardly bed wetting, just real concern.

We have no goals in this team, we are relying on an injury prone striker, an 19 year old, and an unproven (in this league) new striker who hasn’t been confirmed yet. Anyone who doesn’t think we are potentially torrid season is suffering from Kenwright levels of delusion. We need more players in between now and the end of the window even if just on loan.

Good afternoon al and welcome to the 28th of August transfer round up.

Whilst Everton scouts have been busy looking for a new striker, they’ve also found time to watch Rosenborg’s Sverre Nypan. That’s according to a report in Norway’s VG which confirmed that Everton scouts watched 16-year-old Nypan against Hearts.

Everton have opened talks to secure the services of Borussia Monchengladbach centre-back Nico Elvedi, according to Gianluca Di Marzio. The Sky Sports journalist reported on Sunday (27 August) that the Toffees are keen on bringing in a defender this summer and the 26-year-old Switzerland international is an option.

Demarai Gray’s exit from Everton has “suddenly” been put “in jeopardy” despite the winger being set to travel to Saudi Arabia, according to Sky Sports. The broadcaster reported in an update on their website on Sunday (27 August) that the Jamaica international’s move to Al Shabab is now “hanging in the balance” due to “changes at boardroom level” the same day at the Saudi Pro League club.

Everton want to “get into the fight” for Johan Bakayoko as the race for the PSV Eindhoven winger gets “tighter”, according to Sacha Tavolieri. The former RMC Sport journalist reported via Twitter on Sunday evening (27 August) that the Toffees still want to join the race despite a €25million [£21.4m] on the cards from Paris Saint-Germain imminently.

Beto’s move to Everton is “progressing well” and the club are in the market for further additions before the deadline, according to The i. The online newspaper reported via their website Sunday (27 August) that “sources in Italy” had given a positive update on the Udinese striker’s deal after he travelled to Merseyside the same day for his medical, but that the club still “want more signings before deadline day”.​

We have no goals in this team, we are relying on an injury prone striker, an 19 year old, and an unproven (in this league) new striker who hasn’t been confirmed yet. Anyone who doesn’t think we are potentially torrid season is suffering from Kenwright levels of delusion. We need more players in between now and the end of the window even if just on loan.

Lack of goals is obviously a worry. But at last the club is doing something to address this, bringing in two new strikers (Beto and Chermiti) plus two forward players who can be expected to chip in with a few goals (Danjuma and Harrison).

Lack of goals is obviously a worry. But at last the club is doing something to address this, bringing in two new strikers (Beto and Chermiti) plus two forward players who can be expected to chip in with a few goals (Danjuma and Harrison).
Doing something to address it, and it actually working are two different things, so whilst I would agree that finally the penny seems to have dropped and there is slight cause for optimism, I will reserve judgment until I have seen both strikers acclimatise the the PL at which point we will know whether good enough. The results and goals scored will speak for themselves. I am hopeful but not expectant.

We need creativity in the middle imo
We do. That sort of thing seems quite rare at the moment, even more so if you need a creative type that’s also fast, strong and puts a foot in due to weakness around them, which is what we would need. And it costs top top striker money these days too.

Screenshot_20230828_115140_X.webp

So maybe as our famous itk myers was saying, with beto that's our business done for the summer...if that's the case, and bearing in mind we are not paying anything this summer for beto, we barely spend anything whilst sold a couple of youngsters...I guess that was money for the stadium, the severance pay for the directors that left earlier on in the summer and the bonus pay for dyche for keeping us up.

So maybe as our famous itk myers was saying, with beto that's our business done for the summer...if that's the case, and bearing in mind we are not paying anything this summer for beto, we barely spend anything whilst sold a couple of youngsters...I guess that was money for the stadium, the severance pay for the directors that left earlier on in the summer and the bonus pay for dyche for keeping us up.
Hmm not sure. Might get one or two more in because of how we've structured the Beto deal. What kind of quality those players are and the types of deal, I have no idea. We can hope for a couple of decent additions though and expect nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back