Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
And West Ham fans want Moyes out (won a trophy, in Europe, sold a player for £100mill, brought in Ward Prowse, Kudus, best Chelsea and Brighton)

Almost similar levels on betwetting here.

West Ham fans have always had that demand for a more attractive style of football. They struggled to take to the likes of Allardyce and Moyes. They'll tolerate them when they win. Moyes was on the brink of the sack a few times last season and their game against us was loser gets sacked (Lampard). The cup win saved his job.

I have only seen that shamoom fella say it isnt on, does seem like a deal everton would look at last year of deal. The price is not to high 8 mill just looks like if we have started talking is more very early in the deal
I think there’s a fundamental flaw (in that you don’t save that much money) with last year of contract deals. The agent will have a view of the players market value, and whilst the club may accept less, this transfers to the agent who argues for either a higher signing on fee, or wages or both. There may be some financial benefit, just not as much as people think.

People were accused of bed wetting last year when we fortunately stayed up by one goal (anyone who stayed up out of us Leeds and Leicester were going to be fortunate. ALL points count, off the back of our last two seasons we have now made our worst ever start to a PL campaign. It’s hardly bed wetting, just real concern.

We have no goals in this team, we are relying on an injury prone striker, an 19 year old, and an unproven (in this league) new striker who hasn’t been confirmed yet. Anyone who doesn’t think we are potentially torrid season is suffering from Kenwright levels of delusion. We need more players in between now and the end of the window even if just on loan.

That's not 100% on Dyche though is it? The fact it looks like we'll be very busy in the window to almost keep us in the league. If this was done before a ball was kicked.. different scenario. But the manager is the one to blame on both fronts rather than the club letting him and us down.

Main point was more the fact fans are far too quick to have zero faith in a manager these days and press the panic button.
Moyes won them their first trophy in decades and because they've not been active in the window, they want him out. Dinosaur manager.

Yet suddenly comes away with beating a billion pound squad with 10 men, then everyone's favourite team away on the back of 2 very good CM signings. Funny.

As ive posted before, next summer we only have McNeil and Dobbin under contract who can play any of the three attacking midfield roles.

In addition we will only have Onana and Garner for central midfield (Gana is/will be finished at this level).

If, and its a big if we could sign Wharton and one of Gnonto/Bakayoko that would go a long way to next summers business being done in advance.

West Ham fans have always had that demand for a more attractive style of football. They struggled to take to the likes of Allardyce and Moyes. They'll tolerate them when they win. Moyes was on the brink of the sack a few times last season and their game against us was loser gets sacked (Lampard). The cup win saved his job.

Exactly. "Dinosaur" manager. Same as Dyche.

With that it doesn't matter if they win games or trophies. Which i find odd.

That's not 100% on Dyche though is it? The fact it looks like we'll be very busy in the window to almost keep us in the league. If this was done before a ball was kicked.. different scenario. But the manager is the one to blame on both fronts rather than the club letting him and us down.

Main point was more the fact fans are far too quick to have zero faith in a manager these days and press the panic button.
Moyes won them their first trophy in decades and because they've not been active in the window, they want him out. Dinosaur manager.

Yet suddenly comes away with beating a billion pound squad with 10 men, then everyone's favourite team away on the back of 2 very good CM signings. Funny.
Erm, you mentioned nothing about Dyche in your post, just bed wetting…so for context I assume you were referring to the calls to sack Dyche? If so, I agree they are premature, but I understand the sense of dejavu people are having, and the easiest person to replace is the manager. We can’t change the entire squad which collectively are a symptom of dysfunctional thinking and processes in the boardroom, and yes they have let Dyche down. I was more on about general concern for our PL safety this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back