Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh the number of players leaving is more terrifying than the names of the players. I see it a bit more positively as almost the final purge of our most excessive earners. There’s probably about 35-40 million a year between those in salary.

Based on age and ability only 4 of those (Doucoure, Iwobi, Harrison, Danjuma) should realistically be anywhere near our squad next season anyway. And those we could still plausibly extend or make permanent, with an option on Harrison.

We’ll have loads to do next summer but then we always do. For me the massive purge of the wage bill is more of a positive than the loss of most of those players is a negative.
Good comments, agree. The concern I have is while the wage bill is reduced, we are basically getting nothing for these players when they leave. So we will be able to pay some wages, but how are we going to purchase new players? Wondering if we might need to sell a couple in the January window, maybe Iwobi, Doucoure or Gana.

I think the only wind we will get from Moshiri is him feeling once the stadium gets built, selling the club. Which I would be fine with as long as its not the lucky 777 group.

Not sure. He seems to love the status.

Seeing a glittering stadium and seeing the potential for a much larger windfall down the track and he may have a turn.

Good comments, agree. The concern I have is while the wage bill is reduced, we are basically getting nothing for these players when they leave. So we will be able to pay some wages, but how are we going to purchase new players? Wondering if we might need to sell a couple in the January window, maybe Iwobi, Doucoure or Gana.

Theres 7 new players needed next summer...and 2 the year after (at least).

Even just starters it would be LB, ACM and RW next summer.

Thats why we could do with at least one attacker coming in now to develop ready for next season.

I think overall we need 2 more after Beto (u21s low upfront fees).

Theres 7 new players needed next summer...and 2 the year after (at least).

Even just starters it would be LB, ACM and RW next summer.

Thats why we could do with at least one attacker coming in now to develop ready for next season.

I think overall we need 2 more after Beto (u21s low upfront fees).

Particularly essential THIS window in order to let Garner move central. Play the lad in his natural position, let him thrive.

Particularly essential THIS window in order to let Garner move central. Play the lad in his natural position, let him thrive.

Yeah im hoping next summer Mills comes in and is good enough (like Dobbin) to be a 2nd choice option.

I think Harrison (who im not a fan of) plays there this season. Unless Bakayoko could be brought in, we would still need a starting RW next summer.

Kids we can fool into not having relegation clauses that's what we need

Haha yes. But also to develop this season, ready for next season.

Theres going to be so many signings needed after this window.

Wonder what money we'll have left over now after Beto. Safe to say this the evolution of the Toure and then Gnonto money to sign him. Be interested to see what sort of loan players we might go after, maybe Sulemana and a CB. I don't see us signing another first XI player though, it'll be nothing but cheap or inexperienced depth now.

Inappropriate Language
Why do fans of other clubs lurk around this forum and randomly get the hump when their teams are blithely criticised? For example, I couldn't care less what jellied eel eating, Danny Dyer loving, "world cup winning", cockernees think of Everton and so never go on their forum looking for things to be cross about. Strange behaviour.
Well it’s a good job I’m not acting a cnt and politely pointing out some facts to fellow posters rather than pointing at the league table.
Plus I need posts to access other sections of the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back