Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based off what like

Little flashes here and there and largely what I saw in the lower age groups here.

He's very fast, I like his intent, but his decision making and final ball are nowhere near PL standard yet. He's absolutely not worth giving up on just yet, but by the same token there's no way he should be being looked at as an option for this season

Little flashes here and there and largely what I saw in the lower age groups here.

He's very fast, I like his intent, but his decision making and final ball are nowhere near PL standard yet. He's absolutely not worth giving up on just yet, but by the same token there's no way he should be being looked at as an option for this season

Not giving up on him or anything just yet but haven't seen anything of note. That loan to Derby wasn't too impressive.

He very similar to Gordon who we got 40 million for
Wouldn't go that far. Gordon was a lot further along than Dobbin is. Both fast and both probably best from the left cutting in on their right foot. As with Gordon though, people need to give young players patience while they develop and game time is the biggest thing they need - Gordon got it here because of how things worked out with injuries and how bad we were. Dobbin needs to go elsewhere to get it, but he's got something there.

95% of posts on here today = “Selling X ( Iwobi, Gray etc.) and replacing with better will improve us” ignoring the fact that over the last two years that when we have sold a player late we have never replaced them, in that window or subsequently.

In fact we are still hoping Beto might finally be the guy to adequately replace Lukaku, sold six seasons ago when many of our fans said he was rubbish, lazy, only scores unimportant goals etc.

Now Iwobi, with his 8 assists to our next best 3 last year, is crap, only gives the ball away, never scores and will be easily replaced…

We never learn.
Selling Gray and Iwobi would be great for the bank balance that’s for sure. There both decent players but there no where top end players and both replaceable just depends if we can

Don’t see Iwobi leaving tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back