Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those CB options are pure bottom half Championship levels. Tarkowski is solid, Branthwaite is inexperienced and the other 2 couldnt be sold for parts
Basically, we should be much better off financially now, but we're probably at a push at best with the changes in personnel versus last year's team. I mean, we should have more goals in us now (at least when everyone's healthy), but we're also likely to be giving up more, which kind of cancels out any potential offensive improvement.

On the bright side, the bottom of the league looks quite a bit worse to me this year versus last, so maybe the margin for error is a little bit bigger.
How are we likely to give up more?. I wouldn’t say we we’re weaker in defence than last year.

The Chermiti signing was always a bit puzzling, but after ending up with Beto anyway, it seems extra absurd. I mean, we have Keane and Godfrey as two of our four senior CBs. With less than the Chermiti money, we could have gotten two out of the three of Coady, Elvedi, or Holding, for instance, not even counting any loan options. None of which are amazing, but all of which are better than Keane and Godfrey.

Can't wait to hear "We tried but the transfer market is tough." Seems like our transfer strategy is go after the same player and hope eventually they fold.

what is abundantly clear is that Everton want to reach a point where they can keep their losses to no more than 105 mil over 3 years to comply with FFP

now Covid is over the impact cannot be used an excused if our rolling losses over 3 years exceeds 105 mil

21/22 accounts showed a loss of 44.7 mil
22/23 accounts will include the money from the sale of gordon
then i assume the 23/24 accounts will include the sales from this window which is looking close to being around 60 mil in players sales with Kean, Simms, Nkounkou, Cannon and Iwobi plus loan fees for Maupay, Holgate the compensation money from Chelsea for the academy player, the sell on clause for Nkouku and the John Stones bonus money for Champions League win

on the books its looking like we should be able to comply with FFP quite easily in the period between 21/22 to 23/24 as things stand

wages have been reduced significantly with the likes of Mina, Sigurdsson, Delph, Allan, Richarlison, Iwobi and Gbamin all leaving the club and the majority of Holgate's wages will be covered by Southampton this season as well then in the summer the contracts of Gomes, Doucoure, Alli, Gueye, Coleman, Young and Gray all expire as well

so far this calendar year the club has made 45 mil from Gordon, 30 mil for Kean, 22 mil for Iwobi, 5 mil for Nkounkou with the sell on fee, 7 mil for Simms, 9 mil for cannon, 4 mil for smith samuels and some money from the Qatar world cup and the bonus for john stones - all in all the club has brought in around 120 mil

the club spent no money in January and apparently we have only spent 15 mil on a loan fee for danjuma and the signing of chermiti from sporting lisbon. The Beto money will be spent next season apparently.

that means that the club has made around 100 mil this year net profit
I think my broker is hiring bookkeepers.

You missed the cash burn that is the stadium and its spiraling financing costs. For FFP purposes, how we pay for Beto doesn't matter. We're charged the depreciation on the transfer fee regardless of when payment is due. Kicking the can down the road does matter to cashflow, and making payroll.

The club is losing money despite the player sales, which is why those proceeds are disappearing down the same rabbit hole as the Arteta money.

Our best eleven when everyone is fit:

GK: Pickford
RB: Garner
LB: Harrison
CB: Tarkowski
CB: Branthwaite
CM: Gueye
CM: Onana
RW: McNeil
LW: Danjuma
ST: Calvert-Lewin
ST: Beto

And yes, I’m playing Garner & Harrison out of position; that’s how poorly I rate the other 4 full back options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back