Summer transfer window 2023

That starts mid Jan 2014. Could do a deal prior to the window opening and isnt Gana the only 1 expected to be off?

1: I agree. I never said we would lol

2: I think you mean the quoted fee for Gray and the rumoured fee in the media a fortnight ago for Gomes. Both available for you to search on the forum or online

You're welcome.
Oh yeah I forgot, Zat believes everything that is written in the press.

It must be true if it a story was written 2 weeks ago

If we can miss injuries we'll be ok, but then you have Afcom (sounds like a bleeding energy co) but injuries happen all the time ,so thats not going to occur is it. We dont have enough quality in reserve for my liking.

Loads of Dutch players have done well in the premier league that’s such a strange thing to say!
A few elite ones have, but by and large no they haven't at all, another poster agreed with me and even expanded the point to include Italians. Why don't you list of all these amazing Dutch success stories then?

I am still astounded we didn't use all of our loans. Chelsea has 29 first team players. That means 4 will not be registered. You're telling me something couldn't have been worked out there?

This is the worst part of the window for me. We could have loaned 2 players from PL teams… Chelsea have way too many players

I am still astounded we didn't use all of our loans. Chelsea has 29 first team players. That means 4 will not be registered. You're telling me something couldn't have been worked out there?
I was pondering the same thing but I did notice if they were offering loans for players they wanted a substantial fee which would deterred our impoverished club

Same with forest having an excessive amount of players

Transfer fee accuracy is generally hardwork, but they aren't always miles out on transfermarkt so I use that. This is our net spend since Moshiri arrived (in € off the website). Doesn't include things like Nkounkou sell-on fee, or Stone CL winning figure etc. of course.

View attachment 225593
That's an average of 26mil per season.

Absolute chicken feed over the 8 year period.
It's the "other" costs ( wages & managers compensation) that have hamstrung us.

We’ve spent around £37m, and brought in £70m in sales this summer (including Kean, and forgetting about Gordon in January).

We’ve also shifted minimum £750k pw wages out, with approx. £535k pw wages coming in. The incoming wages includes Dele (£100k pw) and Gomes (£120k pw) returning, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see either or both leave very soon. Gray will probably go too.

Net gain of approx £35m and £200k pw off the wage bill.

We’ve really cut out the deadwood from the squad, with only Dele and Gomes being effectively worthless, and costing us serious cash. Even Keane and Holgate hold some value. It’s huge progress for the club.

Our options in attack are much stronger than last season. We’ve effectively got a better McNeil, Harrison, Beto, Chermiti, DCL, Dobbin. Midfield is okay, Onana has a lot of growing to do as does Garner and I think we’ll see major improvement from both of them.

The problem is that we’ve left ourselves very short in quality in defence. Mina was our best centre back when fit. If Branthwaite becomes a monster its a game changer but as it stands we have one of the worst defences in the league on paper.

The club’s made a huge gamble, which could transform us positively if we can stay up this season (we should, as thankfully Sheff Utd, Luton, Wolves and Bournemouth are all worse than us). Time will tell.

Net spend isn't everything, but its very hard to compete in the modern premier league with a positive net spend of 60-70m over a 3 year window

Its very clear here that the owner has given up and is no longer committed to improving the squad. At some point our fans need to accept this and push for change, and stop going on about the stadium.

The squad is going to need major investment in the next 2 years due to contracts and Moshiri is not going to provide it.
Whereas it's been a total farce on the pitch when it comes to the pre-Sean/Kev Moshiri stewardship I think we ought to look at the bigger picture. We have a sparkling new stadium on the horizon that, whoever initially provided the funds, will be our new, wonderful home for generations to come.

There’s 20 minutes left in a game, whatever we are doing isn’t working, I would rather be bringing on Gray and Gomes than Onyango and Dobbin if I’m being honest

The latter two players would be better off getting experience on loan.
images (3).jpeg

The horror....

Whereas it's been a total farce on the pitch when it comes to the pre-Sean/Kev Moshiri stewardship I think we ought to look at the bigger picture. We have a sparkling new stadium on the horizon that, whoever initially provided the funds, will be our new, wonderful home for generations to come.
Honestly not bothered about the stadium while we are an embarrassment on and off the field. Its a huge distraction we don't need right now.

I do like the improvement in our forwards and wide players. But Leicester had decent strikers (Nachos), winger (Barnes), creative midfielder (Maddison), breaker up of play (Tielemans), plus the young lad with the posh surname etc.

They had a handful of atrocious centre backs, littered with errors and also struggled to find a combination of 2 of them that could at least be competent.

If we go down it will due to exactly the same reason (but also without the creative midfielder).