Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have enough depth, with a very heavy reliance on select players to perform and get goals.

No cover of any sort.

If we can get to January without the obvious need for reinforcements, then it will be good going.

If we do need signings, then the damage done may already be fatal.

I only hope that we'll be competitive within the bottom 5, and not cast adrift of 17th.

We are already under pressure and who knows what today will bring.

The window overall feels like we were already relegated, without selling Pickford or Onana.

This is very interesting for us. Goes against the whole "big money Everton" thing that get's thrown around constantly, even to this day. We have the third lowest net spend in the last 5 years now that the window has closed. Luton are the only club that has spent less than us, LUTON! Brighton are the only club in the whole league to have profit in that time.

Just goes to show that we're clearly lacking investment more than anything else as there is surely allowance to spend money. It also shows that given just how bad the situation was for a long time (and still is) our wages must be insane, I'd imagine we probably cut like over £1m a week since Summer last year, if not more maybe? Ridiculous figures.

Seriously?. You don’t see how we we’re making a loss when we we’re paying Sandro more than Harry Kane.?. We’re making a loss because we put bang average players on ridiculous money that we then couldn’t get rid off. Our wage bill is 80 odd percent of the clubs turnover. Add a stadium into the mix and boom there’s your answer.
Hes loaned though, so we are not paying his wages?
80% not far off the 71% average for the EPL.
Man utd spend over 200mil on wages, we have about 40mil which puts us about 13th in the PL list.
Of courss the stadium is a drain, but this is financed in a different way and indont thibk its coning out of the club revenue. Its affecting directly Moshiris pocket. I dont see it on our annual Profit and loss account?

The Chermiti signing in particular looks preposterous given yesterdays washout
Like the manager had said - we can only do deals that are available. Im sure they see potential in the lad and maybe some profit for the future.
Yesterday was hardly a washout. We sold one decent player that would leave for free next summer. One gash striker that everyone moans like hell about, and Tom cannon who doesnt get a game. Toms the onlybone i was suprised by, i expected Gray to go aswell.
No more incoming didn't really suprise me, its a game of risk that we get some players back after the break.

A few elite ones have, but by and large no they haven't at all, another poster agreed with me and even expanded the point to include Italians. Why don't you list of all these amazing Dutch success stories then?

Off the top of my head and not in any kind of chronological order;

Van der Sar, Stam, VVD (spit), Robben, Bergkamp, Van Persie, Hasselbaink, Kuyt (spit), van Nistelrooy, Van der Vaart, Boateng, Ake, Botman, van Hooijdonk. Even a few of the lesser known ones such as Vlaar and Bouma were great at clubs like Villa. I think of all the foreign imports that come into English football, Dutch players are amongst the best to adapt to our style of play.

Van der Sar, Stam, VVD (spit), Robben, Bergkamp, Van Persie, Hasselbaink, Kuyt (spit), van Nistelrooy, Van der Vaart, Boateng, Ake, Botman, van Hooijdonk. Even a few of the lesser known ones such as Vlaar and Bouma were great at clubs like Villa. I think of all the foreign imports that come into English football, Dutch players are amongst the best to adapt to our style of play.
quite a few elite names there and a few others that id argue are nothing special, it's all opinions at the end of the day. They certainly have never worked for us when we have tried it.

Heitinga and Jaap Stam sure there are loads more

A few elite ones have, but by and large no they haven't at all, another poster agreed with me and even expanded the point to include Italians. Why don't you list of all these amazing Dutch success stories then?
Well there’s been the massive successes like bergkamp overmars van persie van nistelrooy wijnaldum van dijk. There’s current successes like botman ake gakpo and then there’s loads of players who’ve just been fine average premier league players like veltman pieters propper Blind. I’d say all things considered the record of Dutch players coming to the premier league is probably better than a lot of other countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back