Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if he's any good? Odd he's on a free still if he is. Otherwise I assume he's just a nutbar.
When he signs for Wolves he's "absolutely brilliant, just what we needed". If we manage to get him he will be just as rubbish as most of our other players, plus he'll be on £100grand a week, constantly injured,and we won't be able to get rid of him until he runs his 5 year contract down.
(I have no idea, never heard of him until just now)

When he signs for Wolves he's "absolutely brilliant, just what we needed". If we manage to get him he will be just as rubbish as most of our other players, plus he'll be on £100grand a week, constantly injured,and we won't be able to get rid of him until he runs his 5 year contract down.
We’re starting to rival wolves in our pursuit of signing a Portuguese national team. Building from the front

There is no chance we'll give him a five year contract. If anything, give him a deal until the end of the season and work from there.

He appears to have some pedigree, having played 33 games for a title-winning Lille side. Yet, his injury record is an issue. Should the wages be reasonable, I'd have him.

There is no chance we'll give him a five year contract. If anything, give him a deal until the end of the season and work from there.

He appears to have some pedigree, having played 33 games for a title-winning Lille side. Yet, his injury record is an issue. Should the wages be reasonable, I'd have him.
All those reasons suggest that's why he's still a free agent.
Any club that takes him on will be for this season possibly with options.

Decent player like.

So Zaha and Pepe are being paid in Turkish delight?
Id do that tbf. The proper stuff though, not the basic powdered stuff
😍

OIP (47)_edit_635521926358753.webp

Im just presenting you with facts Spud.

They get paid in Turkish Lira, potentially Euros, but they certainly do not earn 200k GBP.
Maybe not 200k but they can certainly match whatever Pepe was on at arsenal and what Gomes is currently on here

Turkish clubs are notorious at throwing away cash on big name foreign players

Their fans go to the airports in their droves waiting for these fellas to turn up

Sneijder chose gala over Liverpool cos they were paying him more and in the end gala couldnt afford to pay him

Robin van Persie went there, drogba went there, Anelka went there, Eto’o went there. They would have been on the big bucks.

Maybe not 200k but they can certainly match whatever Pepe was on at arsenal and what Gomes is currently on here

Turkish clubs are notorious at throwing away cash on big name foreign players

Their fans go to the airports in their droves waiting for these fellas to turn up

Sneijder chose gala over Liverpool cos they were paying him more and in the end gala couldnt afford to pay him

Robin van Persie went there, drogba went there, Anelka went there, Eto’o went there. They would have been on the big bucks.
IF your point is they could probably pay Gomes wage, then I agree, if they wanted.

I dont see why they would tho, at this stage they know that if they offered us a small "loan fee" we would probably take it.

But with a year left, they probably dont need to match Gomes wages, just convince him to take a small pay cut and everybody is "happy", who knows how this will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back