Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace were offering him 150k a week to stay wernt they?
This is why I don't get people moving to Turkey mostly. CL footy? Good climate? Coz their clubs always seem like they barely have cash. Just had a read there, guess they cleared their debt down and are now going full Ev spending tons on players with no sell on value. I also do wonder about back handers so the official numbers look smaller

We sold some of our young talent I knew it would get slotted I've said it many times good business not for us supporters flipping knew it

The real money is in the PL. Screwing us over to give a belgian side more capital makes little to no sense.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. One way to gin money up from nothing here would be to move our talent off to other properties by dangling higher salaries, stiff Farhad on the deferred payments and run us straight into administration. If they loot more player value than they pay Moshiri when the dust settles, they come out ahead. The usual concern with multiple clubs goes in the other direction, where the 'parent' club gets sweetheart, below-market deals on transfers. If it's all about a quick buck, though, that's one way.

Those problems are why UEFA needs regulations prohibiting ownership of multiple European football clubs, which we're not likely to get until there's a crisis because the UAE and Red Bull's money stand in the way, among others. It's not enough to just prohibit clubs with the same ownership from playing in the same competition. Red Bull has already shown us how to end-run that.

I doubt the above is 777's plan, but I also can't rule it out. I hope Farhad's lawyers are smart enough to keep 777's obligations off our balance sheet and on theirs, where it won't be possible to escape them so long as 777 remains a going concern.

That Piroe chap from Swansea that we were allegedly monitoring with careful consideration can't stop scoring for Leeds
He is, and still 23 I think so can improve. But he could also easily be a flop at this level. Seen it in the past, Players scoring 20 plus goals for different teams in the championship but couldn’t make the step up. Every signing is a gamble, but we have seen players like Ivan Tony and Ollie Watkins make the step up. The championship is a league we should be looking at, I would just hate to be the one to make the decision on who could make the step up.

He is, and still 23 I think so can improve. But he could also easily be a flop at this level. Seen it in the past, Players scoring 20 plus goals for different teams in the championship but couldn’t make the step up. Every signing is a gamble, but we have seen players like Ivan Tony and Ollie Watkins make the step up. The championship is a league we should be looking at, I would just hate to be the one to make the decision on who could make the step up.
We will be looking at the Championship next season....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back