Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
….having watched him a fair bit I like him but I’d be content if they get him.
He certainly doesn't play as a Target man, if anything he plays more like that 'Brereton-Diaz' and likes coming in from the sides, both of them look happy to make the chance for someone else if anything..

I think we could be being had mate. The narrative of FFP and needing to sell to buy and fans passively accepting it, suits the club down to the ground.

Let me explain.

We drop a loss of 111mill of our three FFP 3 year cycle come June.

We should post losses of 70-80 mill this season 22/23, with the Kean, Gordon money coming in - we should be back in profit come - June 30th we post a profit. So we loose the 111 mill loss and replace it with a profit in our three year cycle.

So in 6 months in real terms £70 mill has come into the business. In FFP terms we loose an £111 mill loss from our cycle and replace it with profit.

It doesn’t make sense to me that we can’t spend (within reason) given the above.

I also don’t think we have to sell the few quality players to raise funds to do it either - I’m massively suspicious if we do based in the above - I think we could be bring had and no way we should passively accept selling our best players like most did with Richardson and Gordon.
Could very well be most fans have been beaten down into accepting it as "reality" but the reality is net we haven't spent much for two or three years. The narrative is we have over spent and yes but it's been massively reigned in, in recent years it may be our wages that are still a big issue. But as you say we have made big sales in the last year and also shed big earners. The Gordon money seems like the new Arteta money. It's why I want Moshiri out because a lot of it is smoke and mirrors and narratives spun including just a shambolic way to run a football club that means we will just go round in circles of decline on and off the pitch. You could take your argument further and say we have accepted mismanagement from owner and board for too long too!

Who do we sell first for profit then?

Pickford or Onana?

place your bets
If we had to, Onana over Pickford every time.
We know we could replace him with quality and still have funds left.

We can't replace what Pickford has done for us with the cash being banded around.

Who is even out there ready for another Possible 'Relegation Fight' that we could 100% rely on....

Who?

If so then Spurs United Chelsea will undoubtedly be snapping them up this summer.

Mamardashvili (Valencia)
Verbruggen (Anderlecht)

Spurs are trying to sign one of them

?

£30m plus Dean Henderson and we may be able to talk.

True but if United come in with 60m plus he's gone we can't turn down that money in our position. Again do I trust recruitment to fill in the gaps? No. But it would allow room again for us to spend as we did last summer. I would be asking for Henderson either on loan or sale as part of any deal.

Makes no sense to me why anyone would want to take Henderson

Maybe for under £10mil it could be a decision/discussion but theres far better out there.

Well, I have to say, this is a variation on the charts and graphs that no one could have expected or predicted.

Thank god that @Zatara isn‘t aware of this function.

Completed it.

He’s a goalkeeper van der sar was nearly 35 when he joined Man U and stayed till he was 40. Pickford has loads of time left in the game.

VDS was not mostly dependent on his reflexes.

At least compare him to someone similar.

32 year old De Gea perhaps.

Mamardashvili (Valencia)
Verbruggen (Anderlecht)

?

Makes no sense to me why anyone would want to take Henderson

Maybe for under £10mil it could be a decision/discussion but theres far better out there.
You spend far to much time on FIFA/Football Manager preparing yourself for transfer Windows m8
You need to get out a bit and actually try playing the game..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back