Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the FFP goes off the last three years and we’ve barely spent for the last 2, does that mean next year we can spend a bit?

Someone really needs to explain to these journos how raya for £40 mill but Pickford for £30 million is just bloody ridiculous.

I’d laugh it off if chairman Bill was out on his ear and nowhere near the club, but as he and the board are still festering about the gaff, who knows, we might have another Rooney type transfer to kick us in the nads.

Someone really needs to explain to these journos how raya for £40 mill but Pickford for £30 million is just bloody ridiculous.

I’d laugh it off if chairman Bill was out on his ear and nowhere near the club, but as he and the board are still festering about the gaff, who knows, we might have another Rooney type transfer to kick us in the nads.
Same who rate both pope and ramsdale ahead of him, just dont get the hate for him does make mistakes but by far englands best gk. made some top performances for us

One hasnt offended the entire kopite media by scything down their poster boy Van Dijk

They’ll never ever get over that.

Let’s not sell our best players, mad concept I know.
Agree hope we don't have to sell any of our best players, of course I don't want us to. But we know this club and how it plays out we never seem to be able to shift the dross for any money so end up selling one of our better players for the budget...

Agree but we know this club and how it plays out we never seem to be able to shift the dross for any money so end up selling one of our better players for the budget...

We accept it to passively for me mate, there is 70 mill in revenue that has come into the club in player sales since January. I start there in terms of questions, if we can’t spend that, why not.

This time last year, people were telling me what a great deal we got for Richarlison, how clever it was to sell him and we would reinvest the money and improve and not be in a relegation battle again, 6 months after that people told me the same thing about Gordon - how’s that working out for us.

We need to stop, the club is playing us for fools.

We accept it to passively, there is 70 mill in revenue that has come into the club in player sales since January. I start there in terms of questions, if we can’t spend that, why not.

This time last year, people were telling me what a great deal we got for Richarlison, how clever it was to sell him and we would reinvest the money and improve and not be in a relegation battle again, 6 months after that people told me the same thing about Gordon - how’s that working out for us.

Don't disagree mate, was always worried about selling our top scorer with our recruitment record. I think we are being played AND Moshiri has reigned in spending on the team anyway(he's still funding the stadium and sourcing loans and investment but that's seemingly his priority so he can get it finished and sell up) would be my guess. It's also because our board is so useless that they've mismanaged our finances our wages are ludicrous we lost USM funding, so we have been up against it on FFP on the rolling three years. Maybe we have to wait for the MSP stuff to play out to fully see where we are. If they are investing they won't want us to go down.

We accept it to passively for me mate, there is 70 mill in revenue that has come into the club in player sales since January. I start there in terms of questions, if we can’t spend that, why not.

Bang on mate. That’s been my take for years. Still go back for more though don’t we even tough the clubs attitude to the fans is disgusting.

Don't disagree mate, I think we are being played AND Moshiri has reigned in spending would be my guess. It's also because our board is that useless that they've mismanaged our finances our wages are ludcrious we lost USM funding, so we have been up against it on FFP. Maybe we have to wait for the MSP stuff to play out to fully see where we are. If they are investing they won't want us to go down.

I think we could be being had mate. The narrative of FFP and needing to sell to buy and fans passively accepting it, suits the club down to the ground.

Let me explain.

We drop a loss of 111mill of our three FFP 3 year cycle come June.

We should post losses of 70-80 mill this season 22/23, with the Kean, Gordon money coming in - we should be back in profit come - June 30th we post a profit. So we loose the 111 mill loss and replace it with a profit in our three year cycle.

So in 6 months in real terms £70 mill has come into the business. In FFP terms we loose an £111 mill loss from our cycle and replace it with profit.

It doesn’t make sense to me that we can’t spend (within reason) given the above.

I also don’t think we have to sell the few quality players to raise funds to do it either - I’m massively suspicious if we do based in the above - I think we could be bring had and no way we should passively accept selling our best players like most did with Richardson and Gordon.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back