Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why haven't we bid for this Gyokores fella yet? Seems so far the most realistic target linked. This Beto lad at 30mill is a fee we can't afford at this moment i guess. Gyokores at around 15mill is money we should be able to spend

Portuguese media reported as recently as Saturday that we're still "interested" alongside Sporting Lisbon and West Ham. It ain't much, but it's honest work 🤷‍♂️

I dont think the likes of Beto and Gyokores are going to be selling at the figures quoted. If you take 4-5 guys like that, maybe 1 does, the rest go far lower. This is June silly season, where teams dream of how much other teams overvalue their players, and buying teams dream of how cheap other teams stars will be. Then they get into actual negotiations, see what the actual markets are, and their dreams get shattered. Then they become more normal figures and real business happens when they dont get offers, and accept reality.

My point is mate survival/relegation isn't binary.

Leicester have just gone down but would you trade places with them next season if you were guaranteed to win a Title / FA Cup ? I would.

Clubs like Newcastle, Leicester, Villa, West Ham, Brighton all ahead of us currently yet have been Championship sides over the years / been relegated from the PL (Brighton aside).

What has our top flight record gotten us these past 28 years ?

Kenwright has brainwashed our fanbase since the 90's into believing merely being a top flight outfit is success in order to justify his tenure at the club.
No because a new stadium would not be built with this new stadium everything could be finally looking up if we can get change with people running the club correctly and could get us back to going for europe

People need to look at what transfer fees for goalkeepers actually look like. 30m would be in the top 8 all time and most of the ones above that are for far younger players rated as having the potential to be the best in the world. Pickford doesn't fall into that obviously. I honestly can't figure out why anyone would actually pay us 30m.
Brentford want 40 who is in the last year of his contract

Why haven't we bid for this Gyokores fella yet? Seems so far the most realistic target linked. This Beto lad at 30mill is a fee we can't afford at this moment i guess. Gyokores at around 15mill is money we should be able to spend
Have you not been following this club in recent years?

Revealed: Major update on Everton potentially signing Weghorst​

Everton are not in the race to sign Burnley striker Wout Weghorst in the summer window, sources have told Football Insider.

A well-placed source has told this site that the Merseysiders will be in the market for a new forward – but the 30-year-old does not figure on Sean Dyche’s wanted list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back