Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s see what happens

Clubs like Utd want what they want

They won’t have that kind of scatter gun approach

Experienced and expensive I reckon.
Yeah I'd be surprised if wanting what they want meant spending whatever on a maybe better than average player. Dumb things happen all the time but 50m for Pickford would be really dumb the same as 80m for Richarlison would be. Just buy someone else.

If United want him then they will have to pay the fee we want. If united really want him then they will pay it. Despite the rubbish a lot of their fans say, they spend an awful lot of money.
We should be willing to sell him at what it takes to move on as we need the money more.

Clubs like United do absolutely not need to think about resale value, age FFP/P&S when it comes to simply improving one specific position on the pitch.

If they paid £60 mill and he plays better than De Gea has been recently for the next 3 or 4 season they won’t bat an eyelid and they would consider it hugely well spent, whether he is technically worth that or not. At the top end you pay for success and are rewarded handsomely for it.

Smells like £45m plus some additional undisclosed bonuses to me, which will amount to nothing, but will give us the ability to look like we’ve sold high.

Clubs like United do absolutely not need to think about resale value, age FFP/P&S when it comes to simply improving one specific position on the pitch.

If they paid £60 mill and he plays better than De Gea has been recently for the next 3 or 4 season they won’t bat an eyelid and they would consider it hugely well spent, whether he is technically worth that or not. At the top end you pay for success and are rewarded handsomely for it.

Smells like £45m plus some additional undisclosed bonuses to me, which will amount to nothing, but will give us the ability to look like we’ve sold high.
@Goat

Please set an over under for me to beat you on again

There are options for this that are younger and possibly better than Pickford. There is no massive demand for his services specifically. I mean maybe they get tunnel vision and we get lucky but to me I'd offer 25m to a bunch of clubs for different keepers and see who takes.

Who?

If so then Spurs United Chelsea will undoubtedly be snapping them up this summer.

We should be willing to sell him at what it takes to move on as we need the money more.
No we should look to sell players for as much as possible. You advocated selling Richarlison and Gordon for less than the combined approx £105m we got

We need every penny we can get. When big clubs are in for our players then we need to really up the prices and get a great deal.

No we should look to sell players for as much as possible. You advocated selling Richarlison and Gordon for less than the combined approx £105m we got

We need every penny we can get. When big clubs are in for our players then we need to really up the prices and get a great deal.
We got bailed out on Gordon. I'm glad it happened but not taking the Chelsea money when it was there was still madness.

Yeah I'd be surprised if wanting what they want meant spending whatever on a maybe better than average player. Dumb things happen all the time but 50m for Pickford would be really dumb the same as 80m for Richarlison would be. Just buy someone else.
Let them then, there’s no future in us training up young keepers and suffering all the mistakes for their benefit.

28-35 is the sweet spot for good goalkeepers.

Keep unless it’s mad money.

Let them then, there’s no future in us training up young keepers and suffering all the mistakes for their benefit.

28-35 is the sweet spot for good goalkeepers.

Keep unless it’s mad money.
We can buy a good player in that range (not that I agree it is necessary) for 10m or less. It happens every summer.

He's not. Leno went for 5m last season and played as well. The money is worth more as we can build a squad with it. Even if we might not be capable of that.
Leno weren’t worth £30m to Arsenal though, as he was no longer needed.
I’m talking how much he’s worth to Everton, not his market value.

I’d rather keep him than spend the £30m on another iwobi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back