Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it though?

If any team wants englands no.1 goalkeeper, who has been our player of the year 3 out of the 6 years he’s been here and more or less kept us up this season, it’s got to be for nothing less than £60m. Anything less is a joke, unless we’ve given him a release clause.
I wish you were right but the reality is if we could push them up to 35m then that would be anazing

That won’t be a factor for Utd, not for a keeper, they’re not after an apprentice, they want someone who has their mistakes made with someone else.
It will matter for anyone. You're paying for upside on younger players. No one wants to sell someone for 15m who is worth 50m two years later. There's no upside here for them to have to buy or for us to sell.

29 isn't a problem for a goalkeeper. Its a unique position with a far more important emphasis on experience, and where players peak far later.
He's at his peak now. That's the point. I'm not saying he only has a few years left but he's not going to get significantly better.

It will matter for anyone. You're paying for upside on younger players. No one wants to sell someone for 15m who is worth 50m two years later. There's no upside here for them to have to buy or for us to sell.
They’ll not buy a young keeper for their first team, the upside for them is qualifying for the CL and winning things not player trading.

An experienced quality keeper is a must for them.

Even if it’s not Pickford, the keeper they will buy will be expensive and experienced.

29 isn't a problem for a goalkeeper. Its a unique position with a far more important emphasis on experience, and where players peak far later.
True. It's also a unique position in terms of transfer fees. I don't understand it but world class goalkeepers cannot command the same transfer fees as some very mediocre outfield players.

True. It's also a unique position in terms of transfer fees. I don't understand it but world class goalkeepers cannot command the same transfer fees as some very mediocre outfield players.
The very best keepers have cost about 80m

Pickford is a top 5 keeper in this league. I'm not saying he's an 80m player but he's absolutely not a 30m player either

For me, 45m and we have a huge decision to make. At 30m we shouldn't even pick up the phone.

They’ll not buy a young keeper for their first team, the upside for them is qualifying for the CL and winning things not player trading.

An experienced quality keeper is a must for them.

Even if it’s not Pickford, the keeper they will buy will be expensive and experienced.
There are options for this that are younger and possibly better than Pickford. There is no massive demand for his services specifically. I mean maybe they get tunnel vision and we get lucky but to me I'd offer 25m to a bunch of clubs for different keepers and see who takes.

Pickford is a top 5 keeper in this league. I'm not saying he's an 80m player but he's absolutely not a 30m player either

For me, 45m and we have a huge decision to make. At 30m we shouldn't even pick up the phone.
I hope you're right.

Only Kepa has ever gone for 80m. Alisson was 60ish. 45m puts Pickford 4th all time. Seriously people need to look this up. The money isn't what many seem to think.

Even if you said his value will only go down from here, it makes no sense to sell him for £30m as he’s currently worth far more to us than that.
He's not. Leno went for 5m last season and played as well. The money is worth more as we can build a squad with it. Even if we might not be capable of that.

There are options for this that are younger and possibly better than Pickford. There is no massive demand for his services specifically. I mean maybe they get tunnel vision and we get lucky but to me I'd offer 25m to a bunch of clubs for different keepers and see who takes.
Let’s see what happens

Clubs like Utd want what they want

They won’t have that kind of scatter gun approach

Experienced and expensive I reckon.

Only Kepa has ever gone for 80m. Alisson was 60ish. 45m puts Pickford 4th all time. Seriously people need to look this up. The money isn't what many seem to think.
If United want him then they will have to pay the fee we want. If united really want him then they will pay it. Despite the rubbish a lot of their fans say, they spend an awful lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back