Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan Pickford to now jump at chance to quit Everton as £30m exit development emerges​

Jordan Pickford “would jump at the chance” to quit Everton to join Manchester United this summer, according to Alan Nixon.

The newspaper journalist reported on his Patreon account on Sunday (11 June) that Man United want to sign Pickford, 29, regardless of whether David De Gea leaves or not.

Jordan Pickford to now jump at chance to quit Everton as £30m exit development emerges​

Jordan Pickford “would jump at the chance” to quit Everton to join Manchester United this summer, according to Alan Nixon.

The newspaper journalist reported on his Patreon account on Sunday (11 June) that Man United want to sign Pickford, 29, regardless of whether David De Gea leaves or not.
why would we agree a new deal with a 30mil exit when we could have got that this summer regardless of a new deal

I wouldn’t be surprised if we do no business until July 1st. Our accounts run to the 30th June, and we’re probably not far off breaking even or even turning a small profit this year, with the way payments were structured for last summer’s transfers and then banking £65 million for Gordon and Kean in January.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we do no business until July 1st. Our accounts run to the 30th June, and we’re probably not far off breaking even or even turning a small profit this year, with the way payments were structured for last summer’s transfers and then banking £65 million for Gordon and Kean in January.

We could do with plenty more sales though

I don't think I've ever seen Alan Nixon be right about anything concerning Everton

won’t happen same as onana won’t

Agreed. Thelwell should be moving on Gomes, Gbamin, Dele, Holgate, Keane, Maupay. The savings on wages alone would massively help the accounts.

Id throw in Godfrey, Gray, Simms, Iwobi, Gomes, Gbamin, Dele, Keane, Holgate, Maupay, Iwobi

A treasure trove for Thelwell with plenty to recycle.

I think there’s probably a very real argument to say that if we were to rank our attractiveness to players who have choices, we are probably in the bottom 25% of clubs in the PL. The sky six plus Newcastle will be more attractive. West Ham will be - yes they had a poor league season but they won a trophy and are in Europe. Fulham/Brentford/Brighton better league positions and have managers who I think probably have a better perception/reputation for playing progressive football. I think in addition to that from the outside in, the clubs perception has been one of circling the drain for the last couple of years, alongside a view that the club is in turmoil and with very little financial leeway to strengthen. Finally, I also think Dyche has the Sam Allardyce type label attached to him, which can be difficult to shake.
You didn't really mention wages there, which - let's face it - is the modern footballer's primary motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back