Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly, but im bemused by the lack of ambition from our fans.

Moan none stop when we're signing players like Maupay, Gray, Mcneil etc. but when someone suggests a decent level player its:

"He aint coming ere lad"

"Put the crack pipe down"

"We're shopping in the bargain basement for freebies"
Lack of ambition 😂

You wanted us relegated so you could have a fanciful day out at Wembley in the Championship play offs.

The club claimed (and the league apparently accepted) 170m in Covid costs though, no? The point being if our numbers were accepted in the past then an improving position should pose no problem. Cash flow of course could be a different story.

That why I said it’s like us. Losing 200m over 3 seasons .. which is way more than we are allowed .

Then replace 3 years ago with this year ( break even or make small profit) and we are still over … or close to the limit … meaning we still have our hands tied financially .

I am no expert on this btw I’m just adding up the bits I have heard and if you have been following it closely you will undoubtably have a better understanding than me

Lack of ambition 😂

You wanted us relegated so you could have a fanciful day out at Wembley in the Championship play offs.

The current Champions of Europe were not so long ago renowned as being a yoyo club and Leicester won a PL Title & FA Cup after being a championship side for many years. Villa and Newcastle who are flying were also recent championship sides.

I stand by my notion of im not interested in what league we play in until we're in a position to push for actual trophies / success.

The problem is we have happy clappers in the fanbase who believe being a midtable plodder like Crystal Palace is success because they're a PL Club and we should celebrate avoiding relegation like we've just won a trophy.

Small time, short-termism mentality born out of Kenwrights ownership of the club.

Agree some people need to realign their expectations, we are not attractive, we are going to have to rebuild with free transfers, scouted players from smaller leagues and maybe the odd championship player.
I think there’s probably a very real argument to say that if we were to rank our attractiveness to players who have choices, we are probably in the bottom 25% of clubs in the PL. The sky six plus Newcastle will be more attractive. West Ham will be - yes they had a poor league season but they won a trophy and are in Europe. Fulham/Brentford/Brighton better league positions and have managers who I think probably have a better perception/reputation for playing progressive football. I think in addition to that from the outside in, the clubs perception has been one of circling the drain for the last couple of years, alongside a view that the club is in turmoil and with very little financial leeway to strengthen. Finally, I also think Dyche has the Sam Allardyce type label attached to him, which can be difficult to shake.

Seems that in some minds not helped by the usual clickbait “links” the press are pumping out to fill news over the summer, there an assumption that now the season is over and we are “safe” then the coffers are full and we can blow £100m on a host of players.

Since headlock gate, nothing has changed. We are bankrupt.

MSP is a smokescreen and todays Fortress Sport Fund to “appease” the fans whilst the cabal of clowns hide in their London bunkers.

Nobody truly knows the FFP situation which is also compounded by the Premier League being as shady as anyone when it comes to our finances but the bottom line is to expect some more “sellable” assets to go out the door for fees that we will never seen again and dross coming in on a free.

Limping to the new stadium and hope it will be sunshine and rainbows when we will get there… unfortunately as long as there are no outright changes in ownership and significant investment in all aspects of the club then the “project” will be dead on arrival at Bramley.

The current Champions of Europe were not so long ago renowned as being a yoyo club and Leicester won a PL Title & FA Cup after being a championship side for many years. Villa and Newcastle who are flying were also recent championship sides.

I stand by my notion of im not arsed what league we play in until we're in a position to push for actual trophies / success.

The problem is we have happy clappers in the fanbase who believe being a midtable plodder like Crystal Palace is success because they're a PL Club and we should celebrate avoiding relegation like we've just won a trophy.

Small time, short-termism mentality born out of Kenwrights ownership of the club.

Stop having a go at the fan groups trying to get rid of the board then 🤷‍♂️

Off the top of my head
Tuson 27m
Walcott 20m
Bolasie 27m
Mina 27m
Siggy 45m
Morgan 20m ( recouped 2m)
Williams 11m
Allan 20m
Delph 8m
Niasse 13.5m

218m spent and 2m recouped

And looks like

Gbamin 20m
Doucoure 20m
Gomes 20m
Iwobi 34m

They all look like they will be here until their contracts expire and they cost
94m which looks like it’s getting nothing recouped on

Add in golden handshakes for

Bobby
Koeman
Big sam
Frank
Rafael
Silva and co and you get an idea of just how much money has been burnt through
It also says a lot that the money spent on Gbamin was spent on a dud, and the intention that he would replace Idriss did not materialise due to his injuries and ironically the person who replaced Idrissa was himself in a free (but we laid a heft signing in fee to him)

Possibly, but im bemused by the lack of ambition from our fans.

Moan none stop when we're signing players like Maupay, Gray, Mcneil etc. but when someone suggests a decent level player its:

"He aint coming ere lad"

"Put the crack pipe down"

"We're shopping in the bargain basement for freebies"
We don’t have the money. We are going to have to sell to buy and lower the wage will to slowly claw our way out of this.

I stand by my notion of im not interested in what league we play in until we're in a position to push for actual trophies / success.

Christ 🙄

Imagine thinking like this 🥺

"Ancelotti wont come it'll be Tony Pulis"

Lakaku is 29 unless one of the CL sides come calling I think he'll be more attracted to a club like us than many believe - I could certainly see him at somewhere like WHU who only finished a few points above us.

Richarlison is finished at Spurs - he's nowhere near good enough to take over Harry Kane's spot (if he left Spuds).
Lukaku threw his dummy iut a few times with us - I got fed up with his interviews whilst on international leave, and I thought this was just because he was with us. It’s a character trait of his, he even did it with the bigger clubs. The guys can’t help it. I tend not stereotype but he in my opinion would absolutely be the very profile of players that has us in this mess in the first place. He would come in, do well in the first few games whilst the motivation was there, and once the reality sets in if when he is plying his trade, he would under perform.

I think there’s probably a very real argument to say that if we were to rank our attractiveness to players who have choices, we are probably in the bottom 25% of clubs in the PL. The sky six plus Newcastle will be more attractive. West Ham will be - yes they had a poor league season but they won a trophy and are in Europe. Fulham/Brentford/Brighton better league positions and have managers who I think probably have a better perception/reputation for playing progressive football. I think in addition to that from the outside in, the clubs perception has been one of circling the drain for the last couple of years, alongside a view that the club is in turmoil and with very little financial leeway to strengthen. Finally, I also think Dyche has the Sam Allardyce type label attached to him, which can be difficult to shake.
Exactly we are unattractive for so many reasons and also don't have a lot of funds which is why we need to scout smartly get a good mix of experience and potential, it's a tough job but Dyche is used to it. I'd feel more hopeful once MSP come in as our current transfer process is a shambles in some ways the idea that Moshiri and BK need to sign off on players is absurd and leads to signings like Maupay. We have to rebuild to a lower mid table area first. As you say currently we are seen as relegation candidates by players, we need stability and that will take a few years then maybe we can kick on a bit when we get to BMD players will be attracted by that assuming we are still in the EPl, in the meantime it's about being realistic, rebuilding, cutting the wage bill and getting a solid level. So no big name signings, the best we will get is potential like Onana or a loan player. People need to put aside the thought of big name players coming to us currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back