Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really are delusional, Lukaku wouldn’t come back here, even on loan and neither would Richy, especially if Kane goes

"Ancelotti wont come it'll be Tony Pulis"

Lakaku is 29 unless one of the CL sides come calling I think he'll be more attracted to a club like us than many believe - I could certainly see him at somewhere like WHU who only finished a few points above us.

Richarlison is finished at Spurs - he's nowhere near good enough to take over Harry Kane's spot (if he left Spuds).

"Ancelotti wouldn't come it'll be Tony Pulis"

Lakaku is 29 unless one of the CL sides come calling I think he'll be more attracted to a club like us than many believe - I could certainly see him at somewhere like WHU who only finished a few points above us.

Richarlison is finished at Spurs - he's nowhere near good enough to take over Harry Kane's spot (if he left Spuds).
Rom will be off to Saudi no doubt

Thought Big Rom changed the game last night for Inter.

Would love him back on a loan same as Richy.

Richarlison Lakaku McNeil

Top 8 forward line that.

What’s the reasoning behind this? Is it supposed to be funny/edgy/wacky or something?

Tbh I’m completely lost with the financial stuff now- on paper replacing 18-19 with 22-23 is a huge improvement on FFP but there are more and more reports saying we are as skint as the previous summers. That might be cash flow though.

If we are up against it again I don’t understand how we were proposing to pay for the loans with obligation we were apparently offering though. It’s all very unclear and I suspect everyone is basically guessing the real position.

The over all FFP is 105m loss over 3 years and we were at 370m I think.

Even replacing the FY from 3 years ago with this years ( assuming we make a small profit ) would leave us losing over 200m over 3 years which is still over the limit . There is COVID losses to help with that but not enough for us to have our hands untied

It hasn't worked out at all for Richarlison at Spurs...their fans talk about him the way we talk about Maupay...No top club would buy him so if he was available who knows?

It hasn't worked out at all for Richarlison at Spurs...their fans talk about him the way we talk about Maupay...No top club would buy him so if he was available who knows?

Richarlison is certainly more likely to come back than Big Rom - even if Richy did take Kane or Son's position in the team next season he'll be on a hiding to nothing replacing either of those who have been borderline world class in recent seasons for them.

He seems to love EFC as well - loan with an obligation to buy the following summer would be best for all parties involved imo.

This is the exact line you were pedalling to justify fat Bens appointment though?

The over all FFP is 105m loss over 3 years and we were at 370m I think.

Even replacing the FY from 3 years ago with this years ( assuming we make a small profit ) would leave us losing over 200m over 3 years which is still over the limit . There is COVID losses to help with that but not enough for us to have our hands untied
The club claimed (and the league apparently accepted) 170m in Covid costs though, no? The point being if our numbers were accepted in the past then an improving position should pose no problem. Cash flow of course could be a different story.

….I like him lots but I said we should look to sell 18 months ago when his stock was high. I know what’s it like to have serious thigh muscle injuries & they tend to continually impact careers.

I’d sell him now but not for less than £35m.
He had two years left in his contract I think and it’s normally about this stage of any players existing contract that renegotiations are underway when wanting the player to extend. I appreciate that we were not in a position to renegotiate whilst not knowing which league we were going to be in but I think it may be telling, that we have offered new deals to Coleman and Davies (appreciate that they were out of contract) but we have not offered one to Mina and there are no rumours (yet at least) of us opening new talks with DCL. I would be surprised if anyone paid anywhere near £35m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back