Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think the difference is that normal people have to consider money and sacrifice time with families etc because of their financial position and to provide …

These footballers are all financially free no matter who they choose
Maybe. The way I look at it is that us, as fans, have an emotional (some may say irrational!) connection with our club. I think some fans then expect an employee of the club with no prior connection to the club or even the area to have that same level or at least a similar level of feeling for the club but it's not realistic for every player who walks into Finch Farm. I'm sure at your work there are people (coworkers, bosses, employees, customers etc..) that you would really miss if you left for another job and others that drive you crazy, and I'm sure that's true for footballers too. Likewise, it you got offered a job with better pay or conditions (playing in Europe or genuinely competing for trophies would be a working condition in this context) you would give it serious thought. Footballers have families too and I'm sure there are players who wouldn't move to Saudi Arabia for that reason and others who wouldn't for ethical reasons. But many will take that cash, and fair dues to them.

TL : DR - footballers aren't so different from us, their job is just a job to a lot of them and that's ok.

J

Yeah. Dembele might be “free” but agents aren’t mugs and his wages and fees will be extortionate. Suspect even with a fee of 17m over a 3 or 4 year contract there isn’t much overall cost difference between Dembele and Gyokeres in which case Gyokeres looks the better more reliable bet.

From what I read back in January and March the wages were not a problem, about £85k per week, but the agent wanted a massive fee for himself and it was putting some clubs off.

I have read everywhere that we posted losses of 370m over the 3 year period.

Moshiri is trying to claim 170m was covid losses … leaving 200m over 3 years.

We absolutely can lose that amount and have … that’s why Leeds, burnley and co were kicking off about it last season and also why we are under investigation now
A lot of those losses will have related to costs incurred for the new stadium before it received final approval.
They will be capitalised and moved off the b/s as I understand it so they will reduce the losses further.
I have no idea how much is involved.

Of course it's true, he's free.

Alot of players are...but one thats

Ahh EVERTON.

If the club going for 2 strikers would make sense

Cannon saying he wants to compete in the squad so he and DCL take 2 spots just leaving a starting centre forward.

Unless were using 442 id be amazed if we needed 4 centre forwards.

Dembele would be 3rd choice of those names lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back